Christmas is Here Again is a direct to video animated Christmas Special produced in 2007 by Renegade Animation. The story begins one night when Santa Claus' sack is stolen by an evil being named Krad, forcing Santa to cancel Christmas. Thirty years pass by with no visits from Santa.
Then one day an orphan named Sophiana finds one of Santa's elves trapped in ice. After being freed from the ice, the elf, named Paul Rocco, is shocked to learn that nobody knows what Christmas is. Together they set off to find Santa's sack and retrive it so that the world can know Christmas again.
The major characters are:
- Sophiana (Madison Davenport): An orphan girl forced to walk with a cane. She's a kind, loving girl, despite never experiencing Christmas. After running away from her orphanage, she discovers Paul Rocco and decides to help him find Santa's sack so the world can know Christmas again.
- Mr. Caterpillar (Pamela Zappia): A caterpillar whom Sophiana finds in a tree. He accompanies her on her journey and plays the role of The Voiceless.
- Miss Dowdy (Kathy Bates): The woman who runs the orphanage where Sophianna lives. She isn't a villain; she's just a perpetual pessimist.
- Paul Rocco (Daniel Roebuck): One of Santa's elves. When the sack is discovered missing, he goes out to find it, but is frozen in ice for 30 years. Sophiana finds him and the two set out to find Santa's sack and bring it back.
- Santa (Andy Griffith): After being out of work for 30 years, Santa has really let himself go and has all but given up hope.
- Victoria Claus (Shirley Jones): She still holds out hope and encourages her husband to cheer up.
- Dart (Colin Ford): A young reindeer who dreams of being on Santa's team one day, despite the fact that he's never flown. He goes along with Sophianna and Paul Rocco to help them out.
- Buster (Norm Macdonald): A fox who lives on the mountain. Buster is a perpetual schemer, but ends up helping Sophiana anyway.
- Charlee (Brad Garrett): A polar bear who's friends with Buster. He seems to have an incredibly short attention span.
- Krad (Ed Asner): An evil being who stole Santa's sack after Santa stopped handing out Krad's coal to bad children.
- The Selves (Michael Norris): Krad's minions who are forever forced to mine coal for him.
Christmas Is Here Again contains examples of:
- Bag of Holding: Santa's sack.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Krad has a song all about how evil he is.
- Convection Schmonvection: Sophiana and the others ride down a river of lava with no ill effects and Krad's castle is in the middle of a lava lake.
- Crapsack World: Basically, an entire generation of kids grew up without Christmas or Santa Claus.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Miss Dowdy, by the end of the movie.
- For the Evulz: Krad's main motivation for what he does.
- Handicapped Badass: She's not a fighter, but Sophiana doesn't let her limp slow her down at all. Even before the big adventure, she's seen climbing trees to rescue animals.
- Happily Adopted: Sophiana at the end. By Santa and Mrs. Claus, of all people.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Krad and his minions are crushed by a load of coal from the roof of his mine.
- Informed Ability: Sophiana spends all her free time reading cookbooks and is actually pretty good at cooking.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Hoo boy, Buster. He only helps Sophiana after she gives him her gold locket. He was planning to ditch her, which was ruined by Charlee. He then tempts Sophiana with wealth after finding jewels. He steals some of the jewels which leads to the group being trapped on a river of lava. And finally he pretends to sell Sophianna out to Krad so he can get close to the sack.
- Jesus Taboo: Averted.
- Kids Are Cruel: Bullies who are perfectly aware of Sophiana's condition pelt her with snowballs until she falls from a tree and steal her walking stick.
- Orphanage of Fear: Miss Dowdy has the orphans do all her chores and feeds them gruel despite having good food like bacon and eggs in the kitchen.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The main character's name is spelled with two Ns in most sources, including the official website, but one N in the movie itself.
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: The engraved warning in the gem cavern reads:To all who enter, take heedEspecially those most in needAlthough your wealth may be improvedFor every gemstone from here removedA terrible fate you will endureYou won't be happy, and that's for real
- Tragic Keepsake: Sophiana keeps a picture of her parents in a heart-shaped locket.