It follows the exploits of Avocado Guacamole, who seeks revenge on the Evil Overlord Black Licorice for destroying his porn collectionnote . He assembles a team of adventurers to aid him on this quest, but runs into the problem of having neither the money to hire top notch mercenaries nor the charisma to attract higher level adventurers. So he has to make do with the Character Bargain Bin and signs on:
- Breadbun Poppyseed: Monochrome Mage and Only Sane Man. Only on board so she can pay her student loans off.
- Corned Beef Hash: Ninja and member in good standing of the Offensive Ethnic Stereotypes Union - African-American Chapter.
- Snacktray Melonballs: Swordfighter who's more boobs than brains.
- Sauerkraut: Hulking barbarian warrior woman, with dual master's degrees in literature and finance.
- Fresca: The team's mascot - a substance abusing squirrel with a giant deformed right eye.
The comic ceased updating in 2012 with no ending. And with the domain now expired, is all but confirmed to be a Dead Fic.
This comic contains examples of the following tropes:
- Ambiguously Gay: The
TwatPink Vagina Mages.
- Art Shift
- Ass Shove: Ass Goblin!
- Also the result when you spy on Breadbun.
- Berserk Button: DO NOT touch Fresca's booze.
- Brick Joke: Early on, Avocado refuses to help a damsel in distress. Apparently, she survived the gruesome deathtrap.
- Brawn Hilda: Sauerkraut.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: "I've torched a lot of stuff, you know. Nothing personal."
- Chekhov's Army: A lot of earlier characters joins up Black Licorice's alliance against the heroes (if they can be called that). Unexpectedly, the woman who Avocado left to die joins them as part cyborg.
- Color-Coded Wizardry: Mages wear colors depending on what their spell specialty is. Breadbun herself is a Monochrome Mage, which means she uses both holy and dark magic.Breadbun: ...And then there are rainbow mages.
Avocado: They practice everything?
Breadbun: No, they're homosexuals. Their magic makes everything fabulous.
- Dance Battler: "BARBARIAN DEATH TANGO!!"
- Deadpan Snarker: Breadbun
- Disciplines of Magic: This is apparently how magic is learned, at least according to Team Mage Breadbun Poppyseed, who is from the panda school of black and white mages and specializes in offensive and healing magic. The series also has Richard the Pink Mage, who specializes in fertility (and related) magics.
- Dope Slap: Demonstrated here by Fresca.
- Eats Babies: Fresca apparently does.
- Edible Theme Naming: Every named character, with the exception of the one named Pink Mage (Reginald).
- Gag Penis: Fresca
- Genius Bruiser: Sauerkraut looks like she can break a man across her knee, and has master's degrees in liberal arts and finance. Her pursuit of knowledge and culture is the reason why she wasn't an expensive warrior to hire and ended up in the bargain bin.Breadbun: ... I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover.
- Harmless Villain: Black Licorice's minion's only sack Avocado's village due to the overwhelming lameness of the villagers.
- Heel–Face Door-Slam Seen here.
- I Am The Boobs, You Must Obey: Snacktray's breasts literally have a mind of their own.
- Jerkass: Avocado
- Kissing Cousins: Sauerkraut and Exlax The Mighty.
- My Name Is Avocado Guacamole. You torched my porn stash. Prepare to die!
- Naked People Are Funny: Eeyup.
- No More for Me: Fresca, after Snacktray's breasts start talking to him.
- Overly Long Name: The comic's full title.
- Pixellation/Hand-or-Object Underwear: "You Got Snookered," indeed.
- Shout-Out: Exlax the Mighty.
- Stripperiffic: Snacktray
- Third-Person Person: Sauerkraut and Exlax. Apparently, it runs in the family.
- Thong of Shielding: Questioned with Snacktray with a disturbing answer given.
- Too Dumb to Live: Snacktray
- Unknown Rival: Avocado honestly has no idea why the Pink Mages want to kill him.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: Reginald the Pink Mage realizing why his spell, which should affect anything female, didn't work on Lady Fingers.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Avocado. He's an all-around Jerkass, he treats his teammates like crap, he left one girl to die because she couldn't pay him (and he didn't think she looked hot enough), and the only reason he's on his quest to begin with is because Black Licorice torched his porn.
- Weird Trade Union: The OESU