Star Trek Ragnarok is a Webcomic Series which deals with the States of the Milky Way becoming driven into a War between 2 Intergalactic Superpowers, the ADVI and the Silitheren.
The Silitheren try to conquer the Milky Way to gain enough power to take revenge against the ADVI for banning them to a remote planet between two galaxies and several war crimes. To conquer the Milky Way, at first, they tried to destabilize the political situation of the galaxy. One measure of them was to give a Dictator of a small planet a Mass-Destruction Weapon. The Dictator used this weapon to threat the Federation. The Federation tried to solve the conflict but it escalated into the second intergalactic war against the Silitheren.
Several years after the beginning of the war, in a surprise attack, the Silitheren managed to conquer most of Earth. Only a small part of the Earth which was protected by a special shield generator stayed free.
The problem is, several battler forces of the Silitheren are in the Area and the shield generator was also hit by a rocket and threatens to deactivate itself, which would render Earth completely defenseless.
To repair the shield, the military has to send a convoi of land vehicles to transport the needed resources, but the Silitheren somewhere got the information and begins to chase the convoi.
The First episode can be found here: http://ssjkamui.deviantart.com/#/d45nhsv
Star Trek Ragnarok provides examples of:
- Apocalypse How: Earth experiences a Class 2 Apocalypse after the attack with the Spore Ship. Only small parts are spared by it.
- Bandit Mook: The Skerell Bandits which try to rob the Convoi.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The Silitheren Commanders are giant worm aliens attached to the ship systems.
- Bug War: The Silitheren are a species of Insectoid Aliens.
- Deflector Shields: Earth has several of these as a planetary protection but only the Transatlantic Shield activates in time. Then, there is the battle of the shield generator.
- Emergency Broadcast: The first Episode begins with one.
- Fantastic Nuke: The Spore Ship of the Silitheren is a Mass Destruction Weapon which contaminates large areas with Spore Clouds.
- Ghost Town: District 2534, an abandoned allmost destroyed ghost town populated by Bandits, where the convoi hides from the enemies.
- Godiva Hair: The mysterious woman who gives Sven control about the special weapon of the Ragnarok is shown that way in Episode 2.
- The Juggernaut: Lampshaded with the Silitheren Juggernaut class biotank.
- Herald: The Character Selina Tamano who also delivers the Call to Adventure is a straight example, but you can also consider the whole first Episode as an example of this trope because the Delivering of the Call was a main purpose of the episode.
- Last Stand: Earth is in large parts uninhabitable because of the spore attack. The rest can only survive because of complicated action by the military. Nevertheless, earth forces do everything to defend earth. In the end of the first episode, Admiral Michael also holds a speech about that.
- MacGuffin: The Convoi needed to repair the shield generator can be called a MacGuffin.
- Naked on Arrival: The mysterious woman again.
- Organic Technology: The Commander serve as a part of the ships central computer. Most of the Silitheren Ships also look organic.
- The new Government Building "The Long Eugene" is named after the parliament building of Germany during the Bonn Republic. It's also an indirect allusion to Eugene Roddenberry, the creator of Star Trek. (The author used the name "Long Eugene" because he thought it could be an allusion to both.)
- Operation Space Bridge from Episode 1 is an allusion to the Berlin Airlift. (In german, this operation was called "Operation Luftbruecke" which means "Operation Air Bridge". Originally, he wanted to name it the "Space Lift", but he thought this sounds too much like a reference to an orbital elevator.)
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Most areas featured in the first episode can be considered that.
- Uranus Is Showing: The plan to attack a Silitheren space station orbiting Uranus is called "Operation Clean Uranus".
- We Need a Distraction: The convoi gets allmot destroyed by the Silitheren Juggernaut but Admiral Michael sends a squad of fighters to distract it so the convoi can reach its goal.