"Okay so. My friend of two years and bassist—works with supers. I died bringing this guy chicken and now I'm some sort of undead monster and now I have to go see this 'Witchmother' escorted by supers?"
A web comic about a young man named Elliot whose life is changed when a chemical called Sharp Zero contaminates him. Elliot idolizes the superheroes in his world, and after coming in contact with Sharp Zero he's coming in contact with a lot of heroes as well.
It can be found on Tapas and Tumblr.
- Ambiguous Gender Identity: Non-Binary superheroes like Grasshopper who is genderfluid and Deathwish who is agender. The media has trouble figuring out what their genders are as a result of various pronoun use and the way their costumes look.
- Amusing Alien: Zipper.
- Aroused by Their Voice: When Elliot first meets Danny and is checking him out, he comments on how deep his voice is.
- Back from the Dead: Elliot.
- Bilingual Bonus: Several of the characters are bilingual and their conversations aren't translated. Kate speaks Spanish, Danny and Alex speak Vietnamese, and Elliot and Marcus speaks Korean. Readers who speak Korean will especially get a bonus considering Google Translate can't help with an incompatible alphabet.
- Came Back Strong: Elliot.
- Came Back Wrong: Also Elliot. Though his mind is fine. It's his body that changed. After a visit to the Witchmother, however, his condition has switched from 'slowly turning into a monster' to 'can switch between monster and human forms at will'. On top of that, his human form is ripped and covered in cool tattoos.
- Cast Full of Gay: Danny is gay. Kate, Samira, Tanis, and Natia are lesbian. The rest of the characters are on the asexuality spectrum, bisexual or pansexual with the exception of Marcus who is heterosexual. Many of the characters have more that one identity that establishes them as queer.
- Epic Fail: "I make Elliot bring him one lunch and he dies?? How can one person mess up that badly??"
- Face on the Cover: The cover of the first chapter shows Elliot front and center. In addition, the header image for the Tumblr and Tapas sites both have Elliot's human face on one half and his monster face on the other.
- Gentle Giant: Danny, who's six foot four and even avoided direct combat when he was an active superhero.
- LGBT Fanbase
- Mark of the Supernatural: Elliot finds himself covered in tattoos and weird markings after he's resurrected.
- Mushroom Samba: After falling on top of the Sharp Zero.
- Noodle Incident: A lot. The author loves these.
- Many of them surrounding Elliot. He's been banned from IHOP twice and when he gets covered in Sharp Zero he says it still isn't as bad as "the Ikea incident." When explaining his scars to Danny he points to one and says, "This is where I got stabbed by a crackhead at McDonald's. Weird Tuesday..."
- Oh, Crap, There Are Fanfics of Us!: Elliot is absolutely embarrassed when he learns that Redshift knows about the 36 chapter long explicit self-insert he wrote.
- Older Than They Look: Elliot is positively tiny and his brother calls him a "Korean baby child," yet he is the oldest person in his group of friends and older than several of the heroes he meets.
- Official Couple: Isaiah and Eli. Stardust and Galaxy.
- Otherworldly and Sexually Ambiguous: Aliens and the inhabitants of the other side of the Throat of Seeing.
- Plot Allergy: How the Sharp Zero killed Elliot: one of its ingredients is peanut oil, which Elliot is very allergic to. Although later developments call that into question.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Elliot and Marcus have shades of this. Marcus was always a model child while Elliot was sometimes referred to as the 'evil twin'. They get along well though, especially since Marcus seems to have always understood how that treatment effected Elliot growing up.
- Rebus Bubble: When Madina tells Elliot to bring lunch to Danny an equation appears above her head showing Danny + Chicken = Power.
- Running Gag: Jerry Seinfeld. He's even on the character profile page.
- Say It with Hearts: Eli after hearing Isaiah say "I'll be writing a very extensive report".
- Shipper on Deck: Madina sets up Elliot and Danny and gets really fired up when she thinks they had sex. More from her pride as a matchmaker than anything, but she really wants them together.
- Speech-Bubble Censoring: "I'll cover his goods with my speech bubbles"
- Tears of Remorse: Danny cries after explaining to Elliot that the Sharp Zero killed him because he feels guilty over the incident.
- The Ace: Redshift.
- The Captain: Eli is head of mission control.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Elliot got a crush on Ace in high school. Ace got a crush on Marcus.
- Wingding Eyes: Lampshaded when Kate yells at Elliot and their eyes turn into skulls.