The comic is currently on hiatus due to the artist having financial difficulties and later due to a breakdown caused by getting doxxed.
- Adorable Evil Minions: The skeletons that Coal was sent to fight on her second quest aren't any bigger than she is and look more like cartoon skeletons. Coal beats them pretty easily. All of Coal's party are also adorable monsters that normally are just low level Mooks.
- Adventure Guild: The story starts with Coal joining the Adventurers' Guild. The guild gives out quests and assigns adventurers ranks.
- All Animals Are Dogs: Downplayed with Coal, who wags her tail when excited but otherwise isn't very doglike.
- Cute Slime Mook: Lime the Slime. Upon meeting her, Coal is so charmed that she forgets she was supposed to kill a slime and brings her back instead.
- Dem Bones: Coal's second quest is to go defeat a gang of Skeletons. She recruits a skeleton named Shelly to join her party from them.
- Eat Dirt, Cheap: Coal eats minerals.
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: Coal's first assignment as an adventurer is go out and kill a slime. She ends up bringing a slime named Lime back with her because Lime is cute, completely forgetting the mission.
- Mass Monster Slaughter Sidequest: Coal's test to join the Adventurers' Guild is to go out and kill a slime and bring back proof. She fails the mission because she forgets what she was supposed to do and brings back a live slime she made friends with.
- Metal Muncher: Lime is able to eat metal. When the party gets their first quest reward, Coal and Lime have already started eating the coins before Shelly can say they should save some to buy armor and weapons.
- Monster Adventurers: The entire concept is that three monsters decide they can be adventurers themselves.
- Now That's Using Your Teeth!: When Coal is fighting a skeleton who claims that he has the legendary blade Excalibur, Coal responds by biting down on his sword. Coal has the ability to eat metal so biting a sword isn't a problem for her.
- Revive Kills Zombie: The current page image source. Shelly the Skeleton accidentally kills one of her skeleton allies when she tries to heal them.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Everything about Coal is adorable. She is a cute little lizard person with an innocent personality. Lime and Shelly are also pretty cute too.
- RPG-Mechanics Verse: When Shelly casts heal, numbers appear over the target, showing the damage inflicted. And in one piece of artwork not in the comic, Coal steals a high level sword from a display but struggles to lift it because her level isn't high enough.
- The Speechless: Lime does not speak.
- Square Race, Round Class: Shelly chose the wrong character class. She is an undead, but she is a white mage, whose abilities are useful for fighting the undead and supporting the living. This is less of a problem when she joins Coal's party.
- White Mage: Shelly's character class. Too bad for her healing spells don't work on undead.