After Adrian and her son Ali are evicted from their apartment, Hilde offers to put them up at her place for a while. Little do either of them realize just what they're getting into.
The comic updates twice-monthly. A print collection of the first three chapters was released in 2018, and a second volume containing the fourth and fifth chapters was released in 2023.
- Abusive Parents: When Adrian talks about her parents all we see is her as a child cowering next to a broken bottle while two shadowy figures argue. And from what we see of her ex it's probably fortunate he left before Ali emerged from the pouch.
- Big Damn Kiss: Book 5 Page 34
- Covert Pervert: Eliza is... acting weirdly when it comes to Hilde's lesbian porno.
- Creator's Show Within a Show: Griffin's novel Traitors, Thieves, and Liars has been adapted into a movie in this universe.
- Darker and Edgier: When compared with Housepets!, this deals with more adult themes.
- Domestic Abuse: Adrian's ex, Wyatt, was emotionally manipulative, and it's implied he pimped her out to his friends to pay for oxycodone. After he left Adrian quit oxy, realizing that he was causing much of the pain it suppressed.
- Double-Meaning Title: A&H club refers both to the Athletics and Health Club where the main characters work and their names Adrian and Hildegarde.
- Experimented in College: Inverted, Hilde had already decided she liked girls by the time she got to college, she experimented with guys instead.
- From the Mouths of Babes: Ali's first word ends up being "bitch", after overhearing an argument between Hilde and someone else while Hilde was caring for him during Adrian's post-car crash hospital stay.
- Funny Background Event: Ali and the Car Salesman blowing raspberries at each other while Adrian and Hilde argue about buying an SUV.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Nobody wears pants in this comic, though exposed female breasts get a Scenery Censor. Humorously enough, clothes you would typically expect to be one piece such as dresses or overalls get cut off at the midriff. It's lampshaded without a hint of remorse on this page, where Hilde remarks that Eliza "wears the pants" in her relationship with Henry and then admits that she has no idea where that phrase even comes from.
- Kangaroo Pouch Ride: Justified for Ali, as he's a joey kangaroo.
- Leave the Camera Running: Issue 4 starts with two of these in a row. First, three pages straight with a fixed camera facing only Adrian's front seat (including an entire page during which nothing happens but the Title Card). We see her car accident through this, then the camera shifts to another fixed perspective- Hildegarde's phone, ringing off the hook for two more pages as she moves around in the background.
- Lives in a Van: Adrian and Ali were living in her junker of a sedan for a few days before moving into Hilde's place.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Every female character has rather prominent humanoid breasts, though Adrian also has mammaries in her pouch like a real life kangaroo and mentions Ali nursing from both sets.
- Sleeping with the Boss: In chapter one Hilde has sex with the landlady of the club she and Adrian rent studio space from, leading to a quick discussion over whether that counts as "sleeping with the boss".
- Will They or Won't They?: The story hints repeatedly at the possibility of Adrian and Hilde eventually becoming more than friends and roommates. They get a Relationship Upgrade at the end of chapter 4, and go on their first date in chapter 5.