Magical Border Patrol is a Fanime created by Nymm Kirimoto. The plot starts off when Jake Harrier, a college student, is discovered by his roommates, Pepper Jones and Sarah Edgeton, to actually be a Seer, one who can see Spirits and protects people from them. As said by the creator, hijinks ensue as Pepper and Sarah begin to work with Jake to protect the city. They'll need all the help they can get as they face down monsters, magic and man, as well as the dark force that seems to be undoing the tentative peace in Blue Haven.
3 Episodes have been put out, with a fourth one slated for 2017.
Now has a Character Page!
- Adventure Rebuff: Jake to his friends, not that it sticks.
- Alien Blood: Jake's bruises from episode 1 are purple. Make of that what you will.
- Ambiguously Gay: Jake, at least to Pepper and Sarah.
- Animation Bump: The fight scene is much smoother.
- Art Evolution: The second episode is noticeably better animate with less jagged lines.
- Up to Eleven in episode three: smoother animation, improved anatomy and action scenes, as well as better shaded hair and smaller noses.
- Batter Up!: Pepper fights using a bat tied to a cross in the second episode.
- It is later upgraded to a a bat etched in runes.
- Badass Normal: Pepper and Sarah manage to jury-rig a pair of magical necklaces, chase down their roommate and whack a Futakuchi Ona in the face!
- Black Eyes of Evil: Subverted- Jake is actually a decent guy who just so happens to look like a Creepypasta.
- Body Motifs: Eyes.
- Child Soldiers: The Seers are magical versions.
- Color-Coded Characters: Pepper, Sarah and Jake are orange, green and purple respectively. In addition, spirits all have one color for their lines.
- Continuity Nod: Pepper and Sarah both mention the Bull from episode one, and Jake keeps the scars from the fight in that episode.
- Cute Monster Boy: Jake, what with the grey skin, lavender hair, Cute Little Fangs, and Black Eyes of Crazy.
- Deconstruction: Developing into one of the Kid Hero archetype, as well as the idea of the Call to Adventure.
- More specifically, Jake began his work as a Seer at the tender age of 12, and though heroic, is a mess of insecurity, secrecy and poor social skills, due to being forced into a job he was too young and ill prepared for.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It's got a magic border, being patrolled.
- Glamour: Jake has one in the form of a Talisman.
- Geometric Magic: Jake's Glamour Talisman has a circle of runes on it, as well as an eye symbol.
- Glamour Failure: Kick starts the plot.
- Leit Motif: The Gravity Falls Main Theme acts as one.
- Living a Double Life: Jake has been doing Seer Work in secret.
- Mr. Exposition: Jake happily explains the workings of the Spirit World.
- Our Spirits Are Different: Live in the Spirit World, can take forms in the mortal realm and covered in Tron Lines.
- Power Trio: Jake, Pepper and Sarah look set to form one.
- Power-Upgrading Deformation: A side effect of Jake's True Sight.
- Secret Keeper: Pepper and Sarah act as these to Jake, eventually joining his adventures.
- Supernatural Is Purple: Jake's Paper Talisman emit a purple glow when they are put on Spirits. Jake himself appears to be associated with the color as well.
- The Masquerade: Spirits and Seers are unknown to the general populace.
- Triple Shifter: Jake, who is implied to work as a barista as well as attending college and doing seerwork. This may also apply to Pepper and Sarah.
- Truesight: Jake possesses this ability, but it has distorted his appearance. In addition, an artifact can grant this to normal people.
- Tron Lines: All the Spirits have them.
- Urban Fantasy