- Elsysium, would be after Wooderson got sucked in the blackhole and and Murph broke the formula allowing them to build massive halos and oneill cylinders but BEFORE he got back.
- I got it: Wooderson sucked into black hole. Murph cracks the formula and mankind makes space stations hailing Murph as a hero. Wooderson pops out of the black hole. Old Murph goes into stasis to go meet him and die, never coming back. With Murph out of the way Evil Jodie Foster, a descendant of Ellie Arroway from Contact, takes over. And then a descendant or relative of Dr.Mann fights against Elysium.
- WHOA this makes Contact the prequel, or first chapter, to an internegerational epic about mankind's first steps into space.
- Yes. Aliens send the contact signal so we make the machine which uses a WHAT...no, a WORMHOLE, an artificially created wormhole to zing a ship across space. However the government DENIES the existence of this officially declaring it a hoax (sound like a familiar theme?). So in the future of the future some scientists dusts off an old earth legend about contact with aliens by some machine. Investigating it that person cracks the code for making artificial wormholes and VOILA!
- Event Horizon just introduces the dark side of the 5-dimentional-beings.
I read a story on the internet that Cooper was supposed to be sent to Azathoth's domain instead of the Tesseract, but that the audience at the test screenings reacted strangely to the footage and that Nolan decided to change the script because of it.
- As is his idea that the 5D beings are humans from the future. He has no way of knowing this, nor is there a particular train of thought that leads him to it. The architects of the wormhole may well be benevolent, impossibly advanced aliens after all, as only Cooper's word says otherwise.
Perhaps the Mario world is one of the worlds the 5-dimensional humans colonized after their transcendence. This also explains the presence of warp pipes and the many violations of physics in the Mario series; Rosalina and the 5-dimensional humans are controlling the laws of physics to allow Mario to win against Bowser. This gets even more interesting when thematic elements are involved. Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Interstellar share a common theme, being reunited with your loved ones. Rosalina and Luma were reunited along with Mario and Peach in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Love is also stated to be a "gentle pull" in Super Mario Galaxy 2, similar to remarks about love as a force in Interstellar.
This also explains what the "power of love" that Coop and Brand talk about really is— it's the Force!
- With Strong Family Resemblance in full play here. The Earth is beginning to suffer the blight that affects all crops on the planet, so NASA begins Project Ares to colonize Mars. Of course, that plan ended with Ares 3's Mark Watney incident, and all the cost that had gone in the effort to rescue Watney from Mars forced NASA to shut down, or rather, went underground per the President's orders. Watney himself went on to build a family that will eventually lead to the birth of his Identical Grandson Dr. Mann, while Commander Lewis's generations will lead to the birth of Cooper, who himself fathers his Generation Xerox daughter Murph. All of this, including the events happening in The Martian, are in fact engineered by the Fifth Dimensional beings in order to send Cooper into the black hole and ensures humanity's survival.
- This fits fairly well, assuming the events between Interstellar and The Martian were spread out far enough. The rotational gravity and ion engines from Hermes would have been perfected in Endurance, and cryonic sleeping pods would have been invented as a result (thus giving astronauts more options when supplies ran low). According to somewhere, the Landers used in the Endurance mission were also built under the guise of being supply vehicles for future missions to Mars. If they were commissioned after the Ares 3 mission, it would make a lot of sense, since having a supply vehicle with that level of speed and maneuverability would have been very useful if a repeat of the Ares 3 mission occurred.
- If Strong Family Resemblance is in play, this also makes both films sequels to Contact. Ellie and Palmer would have had a child after the events of that film, naturally played by Jessica Chastain in The Martian (her marrying would explain the last name Lewis), and both her and Watney being ancestors of Cooper and Mann, respectively. Benevolent Precursors and wormholes that can be traversed by humans have already been established in such a universe, but after the initial trip, the Precursors shut down their end of the wormhole generator, making humans unable to use it directly, though the technology does give them new scientific insights that allow them to launch several Mars missions by 2035 and providing insight that would later be used to build the Endurance. For a bit of Fridge Horror, Mars may also be the origin point of The Blight, having been inadvertently brought back by the Ares missions.
- Commander Lewis was born in July of 1995 and if she is Ellie and Palmer's daughter, that would set the events of Contact at least in 1994 which might contradict the unofficial notion that Contact would be set in the year of it's release: 1997. Interstellar takes place "sometime in the mid-21st century", putting it anywhere within the 2040s to the 2060s. Unless Lewis already has a full grown kid who had a kid of their own (making Lewis a grandmother at 40), it wouldn't be as plausible for her to be Cooper's ancestor. It could've worked if say Cooper was Lewis' child and born long before the events of The Martian which would put him right at the age he was in Interstellar. That, however, is unlikely solely because of the different last names. Then again, he could also be, let's say, "extended family" or Cooper is Lewis' child, but she gave him up for adoption to a family with the last name Cooper.
- Albeit one in which Goa'uld System Lord Ra never found Earth. Thus, Ra never brought humans to other worlds, Ra's Stargate was never brought to Earth, and the Stargate program was never launched. The race that created the wormhole is a benevolent Ascended race sympathetic to Humanity's plight.