"Once upon a time, I met a prince... the Prince of Nigeria. Throughout his lovely poetry and wonderful serenades of emails, I couldn't help but fall in love with him. Too bad falling in love with a prince isn't all flowers and bunnies as fairytales claimed—we were playing a dangerous game of passion, wildfire and strife..."
Horai Owen is perhaps not the brightest girl, nor has she had the best luck with relationships. Fortunately, she and her ex-boyfriend Zak are still on good terms, thanks in part to the fact that Zak is actually her laptop. But Horai is about to enter a new relationship with a mysterious and charming prince who has contacted her by email. But being in love with a prince isn't easy, especially when money and politics get involved...
The complete game can be downloaded here.
This visual novel provides examples of:
- 419 Scam: The basis of the story.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Talking with Rich Hastley about his scambot, Horai Owen comments that the bit on the Prince's ID about the Nigerian Football Federation and the portrait of Right Imagay were the last straw, but "The communism was a nice touch, though."
- Amicable Exes: Horai still gets along with her ex-boyfriend... uh... Zak.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: The real Horai.
- Asian Airhead: Horai. Subverted.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Horai Owen. Also, Apara Kachingpopgorn.
- Bland-Name Product: Gmail and Ymail become Hmail and Zmail respectively. Also Zak is a Hamsung brand laptop. Cracked.com becomes Macked.com, and Light Yagami becomes Right Imagay.
- Brainy Brunette: The real Horai.
- Caps Lock: The Prince of Nigeria apparently forgot how to turn his off...
- Cargo Ship: In-Universe, Horai x Zak (her laptop).
- Deadpan Snarker: The real Horai.
- Expy: Rich Hastley of Rick Astley, in the epilogue.
- The Faceless: The Prince of Nigeria.
- Idiot Hair: Horai.
- Mailer Daemon: Apara Kachingpopcorn for Horai, Played for Laughs.
- Metaphorgotten: Horai does this very often. Played for laughs.
- Mood Whiplash: The main game and the epilogue.
- Multiple Endings: Has a good ending and a bad ending. However, the epilogue suggests that the good ending is "canon" as the bit about Horai watching $5,000 being withdrawn from her bank account is shown as the ending of her article.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Horai, in all of her articles.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Horai in the Bad Ending.
- Rapunzel Hair: Horai's hair reaches her hips.
- Romance Game: Hilariously parodied.
- Shana Clone: The real Horai has some elements of this, but without the violent aspects.
- Shout-Out: One of Horai's articles, "How to Prolong Your Life Against a Goddamn Psycho Girl" features a thumbnail image that looks like Sho Reilen.
- What an Idiot!: In-universe - due to the game's comedic nature, it is deliberately made for you to feel this about the protagonist.
- Yandere: Horai, Played for Laughs in the Bad Ending.