"Once upon a time, I met a prince... the Prince of Nigeria. Throughout his lovely poetry and wonderful serenades of emails, I couldn't help but fall in love with him. Too bad falling in love with a prince isn't all flowers and bunnies as fairytales claimed—we were playing a dangerous game of passion, wildfire and strife..."
Horai Owen is perhaps not the brightest girl, nor has she had the best luck with relationships. Fortunately, she and her ex-boyfriend Zak are still on good terms, thanks in part to the fact that Zak is actually her laptop. But Horai is about to enter a new relationship with a mysterious and charming prince who has contacted her by email. But being in love with a prince isn't easy, especially when money and politics get involved...
The complete game can be downloaded here.
This visual novel provides examples of:
- 419 Scam: The basis of the story.
- Amicable Exes: Horai still gets along with her ex-boyfriend... uh... Zak.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: The real Horai.
- Asian Airhead: Horai. Subverted.
- Awesome McCoolname: Horai Owen. Also, Apara Kachingpopgorn.
- Bland-Name Product: Gmail and Ymail become Hmail and Zmail respectively. Also Zak is a Hamsung brand laptop. Cracked.com becomes Macked.com, and Light Yagami becomes Right Imagay.
- Brainy Brunette: The real Horai.
- Caps Lock: The Prince of Nigeria apparently forgot how to turn his off...
- Cargo Ship: In-Universe, Horai x Zak (her laptop).
- Content Warnings: The novel opens with a warning that it requires that you have prior knowledge of Nigerian scams to some extent and that it's only for those aged 0 and above, as it contains instances of deliberately horrible grammar and spelling, as well as capslock spam. "LIKE THIS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."
- Deadpan Snarker: The real Horai.
- Earn Your Bad Ending: The novel gives the player three chances to give in and give all account numbers to Prince Apara before proceeding with the bad ending.
- Expy: Rich Hastley of Rick Astley, in the epilogue.
- The Faceless: The Prince of Nigeria.
- Genre Savvy: The real Horai Owen, who knows all about 419 scams and scambaiting and who turns Rich Hastley's scambot into entertainment for the readers of Macked.com
- Idiot Hair: Horai.
- Metaphorgotten: Horai does this very often. Played for laughs.
- Mood Whiplash: The main game and the epilogue.
- Multiple Endings: Has a good ending and a bad ending. However, the epilogue suggests that the good ending is "canon" as the bit about Horai watching $5,000 being withdrawn from her bank account is shown as the ending of her article.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Horai, in all of her articles.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Horai in the Bad Ending.
- Romance Game: Hilariously parodied.
- Self-Deprecation: In the game, Soyasushi Productions appears as an ad on the right hand side and Horai said it might be an ad for gay porn or sushi recipes.
- Shana Clone: The real Horai has some elements of this, but without the violent aspects.
- Shout-Out: One of Horai's articles, "How to Prolong Your Life Against a Goddamn Psycho Girl" features a thumbnail image that looks like Sho Reilen.
- Yandere: Horai, Played for Laughs in the Bad Ending.