In a certain country during the late 20th century, a series of strange deaths occurred. All of the victims were found with their bodies putrefied, even though they shouldnt have died more than a few hours ago. This, however, stopped as quickly as it had come, only to be replaced by a series of strange disappearances. The government tried to hush it up, because they had no leads to no avail. The powerful Wilshire Corporation continued to keep tabs on the case, while at the same time a secret private detective group went on a manhunt for the perpetrator. These cases closed upon the unfortunate deaths of said group in an accident. Years passed. All was well.
All was well, until the decaying corpse of Mikaela Lane turned up at the back of an abandoned church.
This story is set a year after that about a young female corporate mercenary, Sho Reilen, who is skilled in the use of swords. She has something she wants to confront Kaison Voltaire, a young man who seeks to hunt her down in revenge for the death of his beloved friend, Mikaela.
This game now has a character page.
A demo can be downloaded here.
This visual novel provides examples of:
- Adorably Precocious Child: The 8-year-old Larsen Yew tries to act like an adult, but is clearly very childish. Contrast the same-aged Chunqian, who doesn't try to act particularly mature but gives off an aura of maturity.
- As You Know: Lampshaded. Erik "explains" a lot of things to Sho for the benefit of the viewer, leading to:
- Sho: Stop being melodramatic and explaining things I already know.
- Artistic License Biology: In-Universe. The following conversation in the car:
- Erik: People are bound to get suspicious when they find third-degree rotting bodies which have only passed away a second ago, you know.Sho: The heck is "third-degree rotting"? Did you mix your decomposition up with burns?
- Battle Butler: Subverted by Henry, who seemed to be one but was easily taken down.
- Catch Phrase: "I'm not a dwarf. I'm a prefect!" - Larsen.
- Creepy Child: Flora.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Erik is heavily implied to be one.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: All of Sho's victims.
- Cute and Psycho: Sho.
- Dark Fantasy
- Dramatic Wind: Sho's hair. Always.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Chloe.
- Dysfunction Junction: Everyone seems to have a messed-up past.
- The '80s: The time period which the game appears to be set in.
- Girlish Pigtails: Kaison's childhood friend.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Mikaela seems to be this way.
- I Have the High Ground: Kaison's dramatic introduction atop the roof of a church building.
- Ill Girl: Shirley.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: Averted. Sho seems overly proficient with a sword and daggers, but turns out she's not that good - she just relies a lot on her powers.
- Knife Nut: Sho and Kaison. Both seem to prefer swords, though.
- La Résistance: The National Liberation Front.
- Meido: Iris.
- Ninja Maid: Iris.
- Ojou: Chloe.
- Playing with Fire: Kaison.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Sho's tights exhibit more of childishness than "proper"-ness, though.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Chunqian is mentioned several times to have a very childlike beauty, accentuated by her black hair and very fair skin.
- Rapunzel Hair: Sho, with the long strands reaching her knees. The rest of it is short and shoulder-length at the most, though. Aurelia and Chloe play this straight.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Sho.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Sho is red, Kaison is blue.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Erik Faraday, and to a lesser extent Kaison.
- Technicolor Eyes: Kaison's childhood friend has pink eyes.
- The Blade Always Lands Pointy End In: When the car is attacked by a thrown red-hot dagger.
- Villain Protagonist: Sho.
- Walking Wasteland: Sho's powers, essentially.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Sho is a less common female example.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Robert Goldstein thinks he's a hero here to restore his family's honor. It does not end well.
- Urban Fantasy
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Many characters have some sort of greenish shade to their hair. Apart from that, though, the others keep to pretty realistic hues of brown, blond and red.