LongStory is a mobile Romance Game developed by Bloom Digital Media. The game follows a High School student, who, after returning home after spending a year in France, tries to investigate the disappearance of their locker's previous owner, Em.
LongStory provides examples of the following tropes:
- Ambiguous Gender: No one knows what gender the school mascot Turkeyhawk is. Asking them to remove the head would cause them to break up with you.
- The Dividual: Hanna, Jennifer, and Jane, the three bullies the protagonist encounters, are always referred to as "Hanniferjane".
- Everyone Is Bi: There are two male love interests (Colin and Marcel), two female love interests (Abby and Nora), and one ??? love interest (Turkeyhawk). They're all options regardless of what the protagonist's gender is.
- Gay Option: Abby and Nora if the protagonist is female, Colin and Marcel if the protagonist is male.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: You can name the protagonist whatever you want; the default name is "Sasse."
- Meaningful Name: "Em" is one of the many nonbinary pronouns.
- Once More, with Clarity!: At the beginning of Episode 2, half of a conversation that took place the previous year is shown, where it seems Hanniferjane are harassing Em. Later, the full conversation is shown, and it was actually them trying to comfort Em over what happened with Abby.
- Pungeon Master: Em, being a geology student, likes making rock puns.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: You can choose whether the protagonist has a more masculine or feminine appearance and which pronouns they use (he, she, or they). This has no affect other than sprites/CGs and which pronouns other characters use to refer to you.
- Transgender: Em is revealed to be this in Chapter 5, and goes by they/them pronouns.