Six out of seven members of the Japanese Pop band AKB48 seem to have come down with a zombie virus which, true to fashion, sends them on a feeding frenzy where what they eat soon become what they are, and of course Tokyo is swimming in zombies.
Luckily, the one member of the group has the antidote with her, and she happens to find some lucky rando on the street she can get to help her cure her friends (after he cures her). So, the two of you set off to undo this zombie menace.
Notably, its arcade cabinet is equipped with fans that can simulate the gusts of wind, and are even subtle enough to simulate the breath of attackers when they get up close.
Sailor Zombie contains examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: Your gun fires bullets that cure the infected of The Virus and return them to normal.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: While the AKB48 members are all supposedly zombified, none of them have any visible signs of decay outside of greyish skin.
- Flash of Pain: The edges of the screen flash red whenever a zombie gets close enough to bite the player character.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: One of the bosses is a bipedal werewolf creature, which is tall enough to use a segment of a construction crane as a club.
- The Power of Love: Your weapon is able to cure the zombies because it supposedly contains a "love vaccine".
- Rhythm Game: Considering the game's origins, rhythm elements are unsurprising. As such, whenever the zombified AKB48 members happen to show up and start performing, you are meant to shoot in tune to their music.
- Sailor Fuku: The AKB48 members all wear such outfits.
- Undeathly Pallor: Greyish skin and reddish circles beneath the eyes are close to the only thing actually marking out the zombies as being different from the humans.
- Zombie Apocalypse: This one caused using the J-Pop band AKB48.
- Zombie Gait: There are zombies in this game that walk that way.