The story sets the game at the end of the Qing Dynasty, where the government was weakened by corruption and attacked by foreign influences. The people were flung into misery and became unsatisfied with their situation. They did not believe in the government anymore and turned their faith back to religion.
The White Lotus Sect saw this as an opportunity and took over. They claimed to help the government to defeat foreigners and bring peace to the world. Their Ideology was quickly adopted. Everything related with the Western world was killed or destroyed. Anyone against this principal was considered an enemy and accused of being bound with the devil. Dragon of Martial Master and Master Huang of Po Chi Lam could not accept these outrageous actions so they band together in order to prevent much bloodshed.
One day the leader of White Lotus Sect sent an invitation to Dragon and Master Huang but Dragon's disciples saw this as a trap and recommended that they wait for Master Huang, who was out of town collecting medicine. The Master did not want to miss this opportunity to make peace and went alone. Unfortunately, he was captured and put in prison. Both parties started confrontations and have struggled since then.
Now dangers are hidden all over the place. Who is capable of resolving the situation? Let's find out!
Tropes present in this game:
- Drunken Master: There's a standard one in this game, and Drunk Master is his name.
- Fighting Clown: Don't let Saojin's goofy fighting style and airhead antics fool you. Unlike Aunt 13, her basis, she can whoop some ass.
- Ms. Fanservice: Red Snake. Between her leggy fighting style, Panty Shots courtesy of her outfit, and flirtatious manner.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Master Huang is obviously an anime version of folk hero martial artist Wong Fei-hung.
- Religious Bruiser: Tiger is a martial artist who takes it on himself to spread the word of Jesus to his fellow man and protect his fellow missionaries.