The Legacy of the Fallen, powers far beyond the comprehension of man. These are the machinations that govern the ebb and flow of reality. Twisted, corrupt high entities work to maintain the flawed cycles of life purely for their own indulgence. A flawed cycle that is fueled by human suffering, unbeknownst to man kind.
An idealistic youth, who by chance is drawn into a terrifying dilemma will set forth a chain of events that will alter the fabric of reality. A youth who; for better or for worse will have an impact on the lives of every living thing on the planet.
The first half of the "Legacy" story with Phantom Legacy being the second half; Demon Legacy features precisely balanced battles, puzzle based theme dungeons, and highly story driven game play.
Can be downloaded here: https://rpgmaker.net/games/703/
This game provides examples of:
- Big-Bad Ensemble: Shadar and Proteus are the most major threats in this world and both have their own agendas.
- Crapsack World: Not as much as some other RPGs, but there are only few really good people and the game has a rather dark tone.
- The Chosen One: Slade is chosen as the savior of this world.
- In the Hood: Shadar, the primairy antagonist of this setting is a miasma-like being in a hood.
- Jerkass Gods: The Demi-Gods are mass-murders seeking to take revenge on the world for mitstreating them.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Both Rhea and Sharn are rude, but turn out to have some good traits.
- Sole Survivor: Prince Galahanzer in the epilogue is the only survivor of Khan's or rather the sword's mass-murder.
- Trauma Inn: As typical as with any RPG, you can rest in INNs.