- Star-Making Role: The first for Yuri Lowenthal as the titular character, with Sasuke Uchiha doing the same for him in animation two years later.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, 150200 million. Box Office, 336 million.
- Doing It for the Art: Jake Gyllenhaal had to learn parkour in preparation for his role.
- Fake Nationality: No one in the film was actually Persian/Iranian. American (of Swedish/Jewish ancestry) Jake Gyllenhaal plays the titular character along with Brits Gemma Arterton, Ben Kingsley, and Alfred Molina.
- Playing Against Type: Jake Gyllenhaal, an action hero? In this movie, yes. Note that he was almost cast to replace Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man in Spider-Man 2 (due to Tobey's health concern). He was even preparing himself for the role.
- Stillborn Franchise: Planned as the first of seven films.