- Acting for Two: Evan Peters acts for seven this season. In addition to his role as Kai Anderson, he also portrays Andy Warhol, Marshall Applewhite, David Koresh, Jim Jones, Jesus Christ, and Charles Manson.
- Actor-Shared Background: Chaz Bono, one of the most famous trans celebrities, plays a particularly hate-filled alt-right cultist.
- Creator Recovery: Billie Lourd revealed that she was cast in Cult around the time her mother and grandmother died and used the show as a form of healing. Despite how dark it is, Lourd said playing Winter helped her recover from their deaths and that Ryan Murphy saved my life by casting her.
- Dawson Casting: A minor example given that it's only a fantasy/flashback sequence, but Sarah Paulson, Leslie Grossman, Billie Lourd and Billy Eichner are all older than the members of the Manson Family they portray in the tenth episode were at the time of the Tate murders.
- Disabled Character, Disabled Actor: Kai's abusive, wheelchair-bound father is played by Grant Albrecht, who uses a wheelchair in real life due to a spinal condition.
- Fake American: Canadian-born Alison Pill as Ivy Mayfair-Richards.
- He Also Did: Grant Albrecht makes an appearance as Kai's father. One may also recognize his voice as that of Crypto from the Destroy All Humans! series.
- Irony as She Is Cast: Just before her character is killed, Emma Roberts' character complains about holding a puppy while doing a pet adoption fair coverage, which ironic as Roberts had played a dog-lover in Hotel for Dogs, which was her swan song from being Typecast as a Nice Girl.
- Too Soon: Episode 6 had to undergo a hasty cutting of Ally and Meadow shooting up Kai's campaign stop due to the Vegas shooting earlier that month.
Trivia / American Horror Story: Cult