- Episode 1:
- Two guys are playing the latest version of a "monster-hunting" game, on a handheld game console that looks practically identical to the Nintendo 3DS.
- Dino, joining in the conversation of liking video games only to flirt with Maika, recommends her a game called "Lovey-Dovey Memorial".
- The "Beat Dance Evolution" machine Kaho is playing is a reference to the latest Dance Dance Revolution A machine. Combo is continuing with other shout-outs here:
- The Dance Evolution name refers to Dance Masters, the Japanese name of Konami's other dance game for the Xbox 360 and Arcades.
- The stepchart shown on the screen is similar to Fascination MAXX.
- The panels, rather than using arrows, references the controller buttons used in the PlayStation line.
- The Excellent judgment display is a reference to In the Groove.
- The panel marquee aesthetics looks very similar to the default skin of StepMania 4 and 5.
- The SSS grade is a reference to 3rd Mix.
- Kaho does a 180 jump spin move, facing the crowd and pleasing them with a smile. This is a type of trick done for freestyling (performing moves to please the crowd shown in DDR and other dance games like Pump It Up). Needless to say, the crowd just wanted to see her boobs bounce from her while playing.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3:
- When Maika asked Dino whether Italy has its own animation, Dino answered in the affirmative while Maika turns into a chick with eggshell hat.
- The first eyecatch depicts Shino from Kiniro Mosaic and Hifumi from New Game!.context
- Given that Kiniro Mosaic and New Game! never interacted with each other before, these cameos double as the Blend S anime's producer Aniplex doing some Production Foreshadowing towards their Manga Time Kirara Massive Multiplayer Crossover video game Kirara Fantasia released about two months later, where the player can indeed field a party of Maika, Shino and Hifumi.
- As a child, Maika used to constantly carry around a doll of a western man with a white beard and glasses that she calls "Uncle Chicken". She also got in trouble for standing outside of a restaurant, and staring menacingly at this figure all day long.
- Episode 4:
- The art for The S-dere Maid and Good-for-Nothing Butler looks like Inu × Boku SS's Ririchiyo and Soushi.note
- Episode 5:
- Episode 10:
- Kaho is seen playing a video game that resembles Taiko no Tatsujin.
- Episode 11:
- At one point, Akizuki looks like he's going to use his stand on Hideri.
- Episode 12:
Shout Out / Blend-S