Neon Joe Werewolf Hunter is a five-part miniseries from PFFR (Wonder Showzen, Xavier: Renegade Angel, The Heart She Holler) that aired on Adult Swim from December 7 - 11, 2015. It follows the adventures of the eponymous hero as he plies his stock and trade in Garrity, Vermont.
List of He-yumps appearing in Neon Joe
- Adam Westing: The series' very first scene has Paul Rudd arriving in Garrity "to get off the grid". He is immediately killed by a werewolf.
- Affectionate Parody: Numerous well known works are spoofed, including Jaws, Misery, and Lethal Weapon.
- Ancient Conspiracy: The Cybots were sent to Earth to spread their knowledge of Bed-and-Breakfasts.
- Anything That Moves: Susan starts doing this after her son is put into a coma.
- Applied Phlebotinum: The Cybots discover their disabled spacecraft can be powered by werewolf howls.
- Badass Bookworm: Neon Joe is revealed to be the very successful erotica novelist Halston Thromboux. He also apparently built his own search engine, "He-yump.com".
- Blessed with Suck: The Cybots, a tiny, peaceful race of interstellar half-cyborg, half robots who wish only to spread their advanced knowledge of running a Bed and Breakfast.
- Chekhov's Skill: The Sheriff's 'Buckercize' program proves useful towards the end of the series.
- Comically Missing the Point: After a second round of murders Cleve vows revenge against the perpetrator(s) at the victims' funeral...Cleve: "I will be the George Zimmerman of Garrity!!"Neon Joe: "Probably not the best example, Cleve."
- Cool Gun: Neon Joe's preferred weapons are twin silver revolvers with permanently fixed bayonets.
- Dark and Troubled Past: The Sheriff is haunted by his mistaken shooting of a child, and continues to send monetary support to the kid's mother. Joe was abandoned by his parents and raised by wolves (but they were kinda retarded so really he was taking care of them.) A literal example in Joe's case as his back story is actually a story tattooed on his back.
- Distracted by the Sexy: The Mayor dressed up in a dominatrix outfit in the final episode so she could seduce Neon Joe and steal his artificial moonlight device.
- Eyepatch of Power: Joe sports one.
- Fanservice: The actor who plays Sheriff Dalton is incredibly ripped. The Mayor also sports a sexy outfit in the final episode.
- Freudian Excuse: Neon Joe's father left his mother for the nanny. The mother later committed suicide-by-cop. Joe wants to kill his father for this. His father is also a werewolf.
- Guns Akimbo: Neon Joe always has his twin silver revolvers at his side.
- Hell Is That Noise: The Cybots' scream.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: Cleve does this when he attempts to rescue Sheriff and Joe from the Cybots. Surpisingly averted when he shoots Barrett during Operation Can't Go Wrong.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Joe shoots down an alien spacecraft with a single shot from a revolver.
- Lipstick Lesbian: The rather attractive Mayor is heavily implied to have an ever-changing menagerie of equally attractive lesbian lovers.
- Mercy Kill: Neon Joe has a record of convincing mothers of children in werewolf-induced comas to pull the plug.
- Catapult Nightmare: The Sheriff does this twice in the third episode.
- Riding into the Sunset: Joe does this at the end of the miniseries, but it's likely he's coming right back.
- Sequel Hook: The final scene of the series is The Mayor climbing out of the wrecked spacecraft clearly having been infected as a werewolf.
- Smurfing: Neon Joe oftens uses the sound "he-yump" to substitute words, punctuate sentences, or as an expression of emotion. His meaning is always immediately known through context. His go-to search engine is even he-yump.comNeon Joe: "It's the thought that he-yump."
- Town with a Dark Secret: Garrity, a podunk town known for its wealth of Bed-and-Breakfasts is home to an Alien Ancient Conspiracy.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The Mayor, who after 20,000 years stuck on Earth is no longer so peace-loving as her fellow Cybots and just wishes to go home. She is willing to commit kidnapping, murder, and the harvesting of werewolf howls to accomplish this.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go describe tropes with my current lover.