Warhammer Dynasty is an online, text based role playing game created by Gaius Marius in 2013 and based on SpaceBattles.com Forums. It is set within Games Workshops Warhammer Fantasy Battle Universe and using game mechanics from Total War and Crusader Kings.
But that's not important right now.
What is important is the story.
The game begins with Jakob Von Liebwitz, an 18 year old engineer and adventurer who is currently sharing a bed with a few former damsels in distress. He is awakened after a night of drunken celebration of his latest victory over a local cult to the news that his father Mikhail Von Liebwitz, the Elector Count of Wissenland, is dead. Within days Jakob is coronated and pushed into a role he was not prepared for and told to lead. And lead he did. What follows is the renewed glory of the Von Liebwitz dynasty as they spread new technology throughout the world, increase the living standard of the common man, build kickass armies, and successfully fight back against the forces of Old Night to reconquer the lost lands of their ancestors. And that's only the beginning.
The final thread is here. It was abandoned in August 2015.
Warhammer Dynasty contains examples of:
- Affectionate Nickname:
- Birdlion turns up in the thread a lot regarding the demigryphs. It is, in fact, apparently how they think of themselves as seen at the end of the Wissenland Holy War when character control was briefly shifted to Bright.
- Murderkitties come even more often and are more affectionate... players love demigryphs.
- The Alliance: One of Jakob's greatest achievements is building one, the Grand Alliance which contains all of the nations of (non-chaotic) men, the dwarven kingdoms, Athel Loren and Ulthuan. Given how much everyone in said alliance hates each other for various actions over the millennia, this is a monumental achievement.
- Amazonian Beauty: Maria Todbringer and most of her daughters. Maria for instance is over six feet tall and wears plate armor instead of a dress most of the time. She and all her female descendants are noted to be stunning.
- Ancestral Weapon: Runefangs being handed down from family to family if the Counts are related, Blood bringer and Grudge Settler both qualify. Jakob's new three shot pistol was suppose to be this to the von Leibwitz family but it exploded much to the anger of many S Bers
- Badass Army: The Black Army of Nuln becomes one, fighting in many campaigns and containing staggering amounts of fire power.
- Badass Family: The entire Von Liebwitz line, thanks to several well chosen marriages. Amongst others they contain:
- Jakob Von Leibwitz, the least physically powerful of the first and second generations, he still manages to kill a corrupted Grail Knight in combat and is one of the Empire's best leaders since Sigmar.
- His wife Maria Von Leibwitz, a former werewolf who kills a wyvern in one on one combat and is still butchering dark elves after going through several pregnancies.
- Their eldest daughter Ulrica, who is described as a nicer version of Maria with all the same combat skills.
- Their second daughter Sophia, a disturbingly strong and fierce warrior priestess who becomes the first female Reiksmarshall
- Their eldest son Mandred, who has nearly exterminated the Skaven in the Empire and nuked Skavenblight.
- Their youngest daughter Sigmarella, a genius and mage who leads a robot army into battle
- Their youngest son Sigismund who is noted to be one of the best human swordsmen ever.
- Boringbut Practical: Most of Wissenland's products, like blackpowder rifles and artillery or regular steam engine boats and trains, instead of overly complex magic ones. There are more than a few exceptions, but most of the Von Leibwitz' strength comes from investing wisely in industry and infrastructure.
- Chain Mail Bikini: Some Dark Elf sorceresses and assassins wear them, but an utter subversion otherwise as the human female warriors wear just as much plate mail as the males.
- Crime Fighting With Cash: The greatest weapon against Old Night proves to having staggering amounts of money, so much to the point that Jakob is able to singlehandedly rebuild multiple cities or provinces, including Nuln. At least in Jakob's age, however.
- The Dreaded:
- The Von Liebwitz family in general becomes this due to their many victories, to the point that Jakob gains the title "The Accursed" amongst vampires.
- Mandred is this to the entire Skaven race with his title, Skavenslayer, because he destroyed Skavenblight, and almost every Skaven hold in the Old World. There's also a chance the Skaven believe him to be the reincarnation of the original Mandred Skavenslayer, come back for round two
- Famed In-Story: Jakob, Mandred, Maria and the entire von Liebwitz family, so much so that a war council of leaders from around the Old World will listen to Mandred simply because he is a von Liebwitz, if he didn't already prove himself by destroying Skavenblight.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Is a possible blessing from Jakob: members of von Liebwitz family will never miss with a ranged weapon.
- Legendary Weapon: Runefangs, both the symbol of an Elector Counts authority and a Holy Covenant made between the first Counts and Sigmar himself.
- The Magnificent: Jakob gains the title "the Invincible", due to surviving numerous wounds that would have killed other people and a Dark Elf poison.
- More Dakka:
- Black powder versions, but an ever increasing amount of guns flows out of Nuln.
- One of Jakob's titles was "Gunbringer" with the notation "You have significantly increased the number of guns in the world." One of his official acts late in life was to seek a religion willing to have their god be the patron of guns.
- Nose Art: Each steamtank has its own nose art, ranging from religious scenes to battle scenes to ones of Maria in an in-universe, inaccurate chainmail bikini.
- Our Gryphons Are Different: Wissenland, eventually, fields hundreds of Demigryphs, smaller, flightless versions. They make up in size with pure viciousness and loyalty though.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: several of Maria's descendants are Ulricskin, werewolves given powers by the Imperial Wargod Ulric. They are generally female, occasionally have prophetic visions and lose their powers with their virginity.
- Perfectly Arranged Marriage: Subversion between Maria and Jakob, as the two only meet as adults with significantly different personalities and it takes years before the two learn to like each other. It is played straighter with their two children who have arranged marriages, as they effectively grow up with their spouses. There was a chance that if Jakob didn't make an effort to connect with Maria or if he cheated on her, she would have killed him and started a war between Wissenland and Middenheim during the biggest Waaggghhh in History.
- The Power of Friendship: The war against Settra is effectively "Friendship Is Practically A Superpower" as Lichtenstein is defended against the Nehekharan hordes by the combined forces of Elves, Dwarves, and Men.
- Princess Classic: Annabelle Von Leibwitz nee de Montfort, Princess of Bretonnia and wife of Mandred Von Leibwitz is this. She's noted to be utterly useless in a fight, completely gorgeous and one of the best negotiators in the world.
- Schizo Tech: The Black Army contains breech loading, rifled cannons that would not be out of place in The American Civil War, sniper rifles with a mile range, steam tanks powered by magical boilers, knights and pikemen. And now, Jaegers.
- Teen Genius:
- Sigmarella invented the cotton gin at six, breechloading rifles at 9, a sentient computer at 11 and war robots at 20. Half of those were before she discovered magical powers.
- Future von Liebwitz descendants have increased potential to be this with Jakob's blessing.
- Ultimate Blacksmith: Alaric the Mad. His Runefangs are still wielded 2000 years after their creation.
- Undying Loyalty:
- Bright the demigryph towards Jakob, largely as the Elector Count is the only one capable of curbing his wife Maria, which all demigryphs live in mortal terror of. Some of the Demigryph's exploits include eating a high ranking Blood Knight vampire, running across a city to try and stop the resurrection of said vampire and taking dozens of bullets to kill while mauling a rat ogre.
- Not a Blood Dragon. The Blood Dragon; Wallach who was sired by non other than Abhorash who was one of the very first vampires and is the acknowledged greatest warrior in the world, someone who went one on one with a dragon and drank its blood. This later becomes a blessing from Saint Jakob, any mount from a horse to a dinosour of the von Liebwitz family gains Bright's Loyalty, will actively hunt down assassins with their increased intelligence and ceases to age
- The Vamp:
- Lahmians in general, but the corrupted Bretonnian Damsel Rose takes the cake, managing to suborn a Bretonnian duchy and an Imperial province before starting a major war.
- Nearly anyone who's very pretty and wears slightly less clothing than the norm is immediately suspected of being Slaneesh-corrupted by the thread.
- Virgin Power: Female Ulricskinn lose their abilities upon having sex. Note that this is a very technical form of that though.