The main character, Duncan, is the leader of his clan. Over its course, he has fought demons, dark elves, and Nosrcan raiders, and has become a powerful king among the Albionese. The quest has gone for 42 years in game, and nearly one thousand pages in the forum.
Warhammer Fantasy: A Dynasty Shrouded In Mist contains examples of:
- Cult: Morrigan encounters one dedicated to Tzeentch in her travels.
- Cultured Badass: Morrigan is an unquestionable badass and has made considerable efforts to spread poetry, literacy and other forms of higher education throughout Avelon.
- Deity of Human Origin: Duncan, and his daughter Cairenn apparently have a god version that people created in the warp when they started worshipping them due to the amazing feats, which are beyond what most Warhammer fantasy heros are capable of besides Sigmar, the dwarf ancestor gods, and Aenarion.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Duncan permanently killed Balor. An Exalted Daemon Prince that is the God of Fimir.
- Empathic Weapon: Gai Dearg, the spear of the Sun King that Duncan uses to kill Balor is described as hungry.
- Empowered Badass Normal:
- What Duncan has become due to being worshipped. The ability to call down lighting without having a high amount of faith in a god or magic in Warhammer fantasy is not normal.
- Duncan was already badass, but after he starts ascending he gains the ability to manipulate storms and control lighting. Another power is the ability to turn people temporarily into First Men, 9 feet tall slabs of muscle.
- Founder of the Kingdom: Duncan founds the Kingdom of Avelon.
- Large and in Charge: As Duncan accomplishes greater and greater tasks and consequently grows in power and prestige, he himself has grown.
- Let's You and Him Fight: In order to deal with some necromancers, Duncan got his spymaster to redirect some orcs towards them. This happened again with some Beastmen and Fimir.
- Our Centaurs Are Different: There are four tribes of Centaur native to Albion. They share the same religion and culture with the human natives of the Isle.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: Albion hosts a population of Giants. They continue to grow throughout their lives and live either in villages or as nomads.