Set 20 years after the events of Katawa Shoujo, Katawa Shoujo RP is a Bay12 roleplay starring a host of disabled students who must overcome their hardships in the setting of Yamaku, a school for disabled students.
This roleplay contains examples of:
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Former He-Man Woman Hater Kenji is a teacher at the school-really, though, most of the staff are this. Also, most of the student council.
- Cerebus Rollercoaster: From a terrorist attack to a school festival in two days!
- Dysfunction Junction: It makes sense, considering the source material. Among the current cast:
- Haruka was a former Ill Girl, and is implied to have had experience with terrorist attacks before.
- Yukari had her legs blown off in an unfortunate incident involving exploding sake bottles. Her home life and past aren't so swell either. This applies to Fuuka too.
- Anna and Aiden were crippled in an accident that affects them to this day.
- Jack is a lesser example, but he tends to enter an Unstoppable Rage when his Berserk Button (his disability being made fun of) is pressed. Losing your sibling also sucks.
- Cado also has a similar Berserk Button in addition to having to deal with brittle bones and constant pain if he gets jolted a bit. Being thrown out of a window by a Jerkass is only his latest problem.
- Kano deals with constant pain among other things, in addition to being a bit of a Jerkass.
- Mood Whiplash: One day, a terrorist attack hits the school, killing three students and wounding Aiko. After a timeskip of a single day, it's back to planning for the school festival.
- Next-Gen Fic: Takes place roughly 20 years after the original visual novel. Several references to the novel are made, and one of the characters from the original is a teacher within the school, Kenji Setou.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Every single player character.
- School Festival: The school hosted one.
- Ship Tease: Has this in spades; most of the player base enforce it.
- Shout-Out: Many made; the characters (and their players) are huge fans of various games and anime.
- Slice of Life: The school life as befits the source material.
- Small Reference Pools: Averted. Code Geass, Eureka Seven, and The Kalevala are made reference to here, among other things and some of the characters are expies of ones from other Bay12 forum games (Twilight Academy, Rise Of The Magic Girls), certain video games (Persona 3, Persona 4), anime (Ai Yori Aoshi) and manga (Chobits), in addition to the customary Shout-Out to the original visual novel.
- Two-Teacher School: Sort of averted. The only teachers shown are Mr Yaeger (homeroom/science), Mr Setou (homeroom teacher of 3-2), Ms Shimizu (English), Mr Mutou (principal) and Ms Takada (maths), as well as Anri and Christoph (doctor and nurse) and the former three are almost core characters, with Mr Mutou showing up occasionally and Ms Takada usually being in the background.