Bay 12's Monster Girls is a Bay 12 roleplay by PrivateNomad based off Bizarre Slime, a suggestion game based off 4chan. It takes place in a semi-futuristic and semi medieval world where the titular Monster Girls (and some boys) and humans live together in harmony.
Bay 12's Monster Girls contains examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Prevalent. For example Lonne and Miaka come from the same kingdom, despite Miaka being a legitimate Japanese name and Lonne being gibberish. There's also Tia and Mureachadh, both of The Fair Folk, and Maja and Altrius, both dragons.
- Badass Normal: Yukari has no magic -and is completely human, to boot- and relies on her very big gun. Said gun is meant to kill giant robots or tanks and will definitely do a good job against monsters or humans.
- Combat Pragmatist: Cheru uses a flashbang to blind the gorgon, forcing her to close her eyes and blows up his hoverboard to kill a fake Frigid among other things.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Ton stabs Yukari for asking out Keith on a date. Before this, she stabbed a gargoyle nearly to death for knocking a cactuar she was hugging unconscious.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: Carrick seems incredibly creepy, but his job is simply to guide you to rest in the afterlife.
- Floating Continent: The entire world is this, linked by ice bridges. The sylph kingdom of Teppelin is even more of one; it floats higher than the rest of the world and can only be accessed by air.
- Healing Factor: Lonne can burn mana to heal himself, in addition to the already quick healing his race gains.
- Meaningful Name: Madness, USA.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Elizabeth is a ghostly catgirl ninja with fire magic who happens to also be a psychopomp.
- Overly Long Name: Tiana Eleanor Eldunarin, The Periwinkle Princess of Weldern, Daughter of Charlotte Keane Eldunarin, older sister of Piasa Brooks Eldunarin.... and it goes on.
- Pretty Freeloaders:
- Everyone to Frigid except Cheru, Gelid, Blas and Ascen. Cheru works as Frigid's manservant, Gelid is her child, Blas and Ascen try to work and bring money in.
- Subverted; Most of everyone is actively working to earn money for the household, at least. Averted with Altrius and his entourage, who don't live there.
- Revenant Zombie: Undead? Check. Driven by a purpose (being a Psycho Pomp)? Check. No deterioration? Check. Retention of intelligence? Check. Carrick fits all the requirements.
- Schizo Tech: The entire world is founded on that. An example: Yukari is using an electromagnetic anti-tank rifle to fight the prince of the dragons Altrius, who's using a sword and later, his fire breath.
- Wham Episode:
- Gelid's kidnapping and subsequent murder.
- Also, Tia getting put under a geas, Oromis being turned into a Dullahan, Gelid being brought back to life...