The world of Welena. A rather mundane place, in most respects. Except one. Upon birth, all official residents of the eastern continent, called Yelan, are bonded with a creature known as a Companion. Other than that, this world is very similar to our Earth.
Companions come in many different shapes and sizes, from electric mice to massive behemoths of flesh and steel. Companions are used for a variety of purposes; labor, soldiering, nannies, pets, you get the idea. But most importantly to the story, combat sports.
The story begins in New Relhama, one of Yelan's most prominent city-states. An underground fighting tournament has begun and people from across the land have come to fight with their companions for fame and glory. Or something else. Not is all as it seems in this tournament and possible sinister forces are working against the participants.
The roleplay can be found here.
All Falling Down contains examples of:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: How many people/animals/30-foot-tall-rock-golems can fit in this sewer?
- Arrogant Kung Fu Girl: Mei. As much as a blind and mute person can be.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Ryan uses superior tactics to help his Companion triumph in battle over Notus.
- The Beast Master: Laura keeps a small army of insects in her backpack.
- Bully Hunter: Ryan abhors a bully.
- Calling Your Attacks: Ryan does this to help Boreas with strategy in combat. Some names come from Classical Mythology and include references to Zeus' Aegis, and ice and snow related deities such as Khione (Goddess of snow).
- Facial Markings: Selvain's constantly shifting tattoos frequently take this form.
- Flight: A common power for Companions.
- The Grotesque: Horroce, a weirdly twisted creature, is described as living proof that there is some celestial entity in the universe that is an outright sick bastard.
- Hammerspace: Laura's backpack somehow has enough space to carry hundreds of fairly large insectoid Companions.
- Hive Mind: Kress is not one companion but a bunch of little beetles who act together.
- Keet: Ryan seems to be eternally opimistic.
- Magical Eye: Mei, when using Seersora's sight sharing power.
- Making a Splash: George is essentially a teenage boy made of water, also contains elements of Murder Water.
- Monster Arena: A literal version, Companions fight in the more spacious areas of the sewers.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Rayezest has razor-sharp wings and what appears to be a metallic rhinoceros horn. Also, Vareth, for all your telepathic, head-sitting dragon needs.
- Promotion to Parent: Esmerel raised Zach after the death of his parents.
- Prophet Eyes: Mei is blind and her eyes are pure white, unless she is using Seersora's sight-sharing power.
- Psychic Powers: Many Companions have telepathy as either their primary or secondary power. λέγω has this as its first confirmed power.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Boreas (God of the North Wind) and Notus (God of the South Wind).
- Straight Gay: Boreas, despite being a badass, ice shooting, fighting machine.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Jeek in public life appears to be a teenage boy, for reasons related to her criminal past.
- The Syndicate: The tournament is run by one of these, as Companion fighting is highly illegal.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Ryan's Companion seems to be morally opposed to shirts. Also, due to having no understanding of why humans wear clothes all the time, Selvain.