In this Christmas Episode, Richard runs over a homeless man that he and the kids believe is an amnesiac Santa Claus, but Nicole doesn't. While Richard scrambles to do good deeds so he won't be on the naughty list, Gumball, Darwin, and Anais try to get Santa's memory back, until Nicole tells them the truth.
- Art Shift: Santa's Reindeer and Sleigh are 2D while on the ground, but CGI while flying.
- Bag of Holding: Santa's bag will give out any gift you want when you stick your hand in. Unfortunately, it will be in hard to remove wrapping, even if it's the scissors for opening another present.
- Brutal Honesty: The hobo does not hesitate to call Anais spoiled for wanting to never have to work a day in her life or say that Darwin's wish for world peace is impractical.
- Coming in Hot: Santa's Plan B for the runaway sled is to have Richard and Gumball takes parachutes out of the bag and jump out. They refuse because they don't want to ruin Christmas by destroying the sled, causing Santa to utter the trope name as they try to land on the street they can't even see until Anais, Darwin, and Nicole line it with Christmas lights.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Santa.
- Easy Amnesia: The hobo's memories are lost from getting hit by the car and another hit on the head brings it back.
- Eskimos Aren't Real: Nicole claims that, in addition to Santa, the Tooth Fairy, Bigfoot, and Switzerland aren't real.
- False Reassurance: Santa tries to guide Richard and Gumball as they steer his sleigh. While he has no idea what any of the instruments do, he tells them that if they can see those they're at least facing the right way.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus:
- Right as "Santa" is hit, you can see the impact made his clothes change from red to brown.
- If you look closely you'll see Nicole's letters to Santa were addressed to the South Pole before it's pointed out at the end of the episode.
- Mall Santa: Larry acts as a mall Santa, and Anais kicks him out so the hobo can get in "familiar surroundings".
- Mistaken for Pregnant: Richard mistakes Tony who is in the hospital to be a pregnant woman.
- One-Word Title: One of only two episodes without "The" at the start, the other being "Halloween".
- "Pop!" Goes the Human: At the hospital, Richard accidentally makes Marvin's oxygen pump go on overdrive and inflate him, after which an offscreen pop can be heard.
- Saving Christmas: The Wattersons manage to save it, but only from a disaster they almost caused.
- Special Guest: BRIAN BLESSED as the hobo who turns out to be Santa.
- Underside Ride: Gumball does this accidentally when his jacket gets caught on Santa's sleigh in flight, and he nearly crashes his groin into a weathervane.