Jedi Master Yoda is on a secret mission to forge a treaty with the King of the strategic system of Toydaria when his ship is ambushed by Count Dooku. Yoda and three clone troopers must face off against Count Dooku's dreaded assassin Ventress and her massive droid army to prove the Jedi are strong enough to protect the king and his people from the forces of the Clone Wars so that Toydaria can join the Republic.
- An Aesop: The opening morals (or "Jedi Fortune Cookies") are introduced in this episode.
- Ambadassador: Both Yoda and Ventress serve as this in order to negotiate with King Katuunko on behalf of the Galactic Republic and the Sparatist Alliance respectively.
- Anachronic Order: This episode chronologically takes place between "Supply Lines" (3:03) and the Ryloth Trilogy ("Storm Over Ryloth", "Innocents of Ryloth", and "Liberty on Ryloth"; 1:19-21).
- "Ass" in Ambassador: Ventress goes from trying to convince King Katuunko to join the Separatists to trying to murder him after he tells her that he will join the Republic.
- Call-Back: Ventress escapes in the same manner that Count Dooku did back in Attack of the Clones via forcing Yoda to save his companions while she flees to her ship.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: When King Katuunko has Ventress' lightsabers up against his neck, he's pretty calm.Katuunko: Jedi Master Yoda. I am very pleased to meet you.
- Clones Are People, Too: Yoda tells the three clones that they are each individuals in the Force.
- Cloning Blues: Setting up a theme for the series, the clone troopers spend much of the episode lamenting their clone status, while Yoda emphasizes their individuality and importance to the Force.
- Curb-Stomp Battle:
- Asajj Ventress challenges Yoda and he disarms her effortlessly with the Force.
- Yoda takes on a battalion of Separatist droids with tanks and cuts them all down.
- Deadly Dodging: Yoda's first fight against a squad of Separatist droids ends this way, without him so much as drawing his lightsaber.
- Dual Wielding: Ventress wields two lightsabers at a time. It doesn't help much against Yoda, of course.
- Elite Army: The clone troopers and especially Yoda, who is a skilled Jedi Master.
- Escape Pod: Yoda and his clones get down to the moon where the meeting is taking place this way, with the rest of the ship's pods launched as well to provide cover while the ship itself leaves the system.
- Faceless Goons: This is explored in the episode when Yoda asks his clone troopers to take off their helmets. He proceeds to remark on the unique character traits of each of the clones.
- Facepalm: The OOM-series battle droid commander does this when one of his subordinates disobeys orders to not bring the tanks further into the corals and subsequently gets stuck.
- I Owe You My Life: King Katuunko happily allows the Republic to establish a base in his system without negotiations after Yoda saves his life.
- I Surrender, Suckers: The OOM-series battle droid commander reports that the Separatist droids and tanks have surrounded Yoda, but "he's just sitting there". Ventress immediately orders them to fire, but moments later...Katuunko: That's a lot of smoke for a surrender.
- Leitmotif: Yoda's theme is featured in this episode. Ventress receives a distorted, two-note descending motif.
- One-Man Army: Yoda is an extremely powerful Jedi Master. Lampshaded by King Katuunko:
- At the beginning of the episode:Count Dooku: My droids outnumber the Republic clones a hundred to one.
King Katuunko: Perhaps, but I've heard that a single Jedi equals a hundred battle droids.
Count Dooku: Master Yoda's power has been greatly exaggerated.
- At the end of the episode:King Katuunko: You were right Count, a Jedi isn't worth a hundred battle droids. More like a thousand!
- At the beginning of the episode:
- One-Word Title: "Ambush".
- Puppet King: Invoked by Dooku when he orders Ventress to kill Katuunko, so he'll have an easier time "negotiating" with Katuunko's replacement.
- Ridiculously Human Robots:OOM-series Battle Droid Commander: [right before Yoda slices it up] But... I... just... got... PROMOTED!
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: Ventress does this as she describes Yoda:"He'll be the small, shrivelled, green one... WITH A LIGHTSABER!"
- Zerg Rush: The whole episode is about an entire Separatist droid army trying to defeat Yoda and his three clone troopers. It doesn't work.