Written by Kyle McCulloch
Storyboard by Fred Osmond
Animation Directors: Alan Smart and Tom Yasumi
"Goodbye, Krabby Patty?" contains examples of:
- Adam Westing: Jon Hamm basically plays Don Draper as a fish.
- Ass Shove: Squidward gets this with a power drill after being mistaken for the Squidward robot.
- Department of Redundancy Department: The slogan for the Frozen Krabby Pattys is "They taste so nice, that they taste nice!"
- Funny Background Event: During the factory tour, a worker can be seen falling into the machine where he trapped on the conveyer belt, cooked, and frozen.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: There is a scene where the now famous Patrick is handing out autographs, including to a woman who isn't holding any paper. The kicker? We actually see him signing her chest.
- I Ate WHAT?!: Everybody has this reaction when it's publicly revealed that the frozen krabby patties are made with sand.
- Large Ham: When Squidward gets fired, he overreacts by giving Mr. Krabs a resignation letter in a theatrical matter.
- Lazy Bum: Squidward finds out he cant achieve his dreams because all he has on his resume is being a cashier, but rather than get a better job, he goes back to his old one.
- Letting the Air Out of the Band: It happens first when SpongeBob attempts to give his first tour of the Krusty Krab Museum, and again later when Patrick eats the Frozen Patty on camera when filming a commercial and the patty makes him swell up.
- Lonely at the Top: Patrick
- Pooled Funds: Mr. Krabs can be seen doing this at one point in a large vault of gold coins, ala Scrooge McDuck.
- Reality Ensues: Squidward tried to go out and follow his dreams of being famous, only to find out you need more skills and education than just 17 years of being a cashier to apply for cooler jobs. Unfortunately, rather than get any of those things, he goes back to his old job.
- Running Gag: SpongeBob being called a yellow box.
- Mr. Krabs Fainting in the arms of Don Grouper's arms.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After Patrick reveals to the public that frozen krabby patties are made of sand, Mr. Krabs faints in Don's arms, who then drops him and walks away, saying, "It was cute when you were rich."
- Shout-Out: Mr. Krabs swimming in a vault of coins is a homage to Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales.
- One of the paintings in Patrick's new home is a parody of The Scream. Another one is a parody of The Creation of Adam.
- Squidward says he's going to publish his novel, Dial D For Doily, a reference to Dial M for Murder.
- Hogan Düp ice-cream is a parody of Häagen-Dazs ice-cream.
- Special Guest: Jon Hamm as Don Grouper.
- Waterfall Puke: SpongeBob vomits sand in this manner due to the filler in the frozen krabby patty being sand.
- Zillion-Dollar Bill: Mr. Krabs receives what seems to be a 100 million dollars check, only to find out there's plenty more zeroes written all the way to its back, making the amount 100 nonillionnote dollars.