Written by Andrew Goodman (Sandys Nutmare) / Jack Pendarvis (Bulletin Board)
Storyboard by John Trabbic (Sandys Nutmare) / Ed Baker (Bulletin Board)
Animation Directors: Alan Smart and Tom Yasumi
Sandys Nutmare contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Sometimes your desire to make everyone happy may be at the cost of something you love.
- Absentee Actor: Squidward does not appear in this episode, but a representation of him appears as the moon in the Shalmon's story.
- Fight for the Last Bite: The beginning of the episode has SpongeBob and Sandy get into a karate duel for the last krabby patty.
- Growling Gut: Happens briefly to a young fish's stomach.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Sandy when she realizes she neglected her oak tree because of her greed.
- Picky Eater: Among the group of Bikini Bottomites who want Sandy's nutty butter is a mother who claims that nutty butter is the only thing her son will eat.
- Shout-Out: Some of the plot of this episode is one to The Lorax.
- Title Drop: Inverted when SpongeBob mentions the word nutmare.
Bulletin Board contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Don't take criticism or mean comments seriously.
- Ascended Extra: Bubble Bass has a bigger role for the first time since Pickles. In fact, a tweet from Waller states that theres gonna be another episode focusing on him.
- Bait-and-Switch: After Patrick is revealed to be PStar7, Mr. Krabs shouts, "I'll tear ya to pieces!" and launches himself at Patrick- only to rush past Patrick and tear down the bulletin board.
- Caustic Critic: Patrick happens to be PStar7 the whole time.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Squidward's codename is "Delicate Flower" based on the tattoo on Squidward's arm.
- Take That!: This episode is a spoof of online bullying/cyberbullying from chat rooms.