Goo Goo Gas
Plankton turns everyone at the Krusty Krab into babies.
"Goo Goo Gas" contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Played for Laughs when Plankton gets the idea for the Goo Goo Gas upon seeing a mother take away her baby's bottle and proudly state that he's so tiny and helpless that she can take his formula whenever she wanted and he couldn't do a thing about it.Plankton: Something about that woman reminds me of my mother.
- Baby Morph Episode: The episode revolves around Plankton turning everyone into babies to steal the formula.
- Cash Lure: Plankton does this to Mr. Krabs with a trail of pennies.
- Fountain of Youth: Plankton's Goo Goo Gas turns people into babies.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: After successfully creating Goo Goo Gas and turning everyone in the Krusty Krab into babies, Plankton ends up getting exposed to it and turns microscopic.
- Needlework Is for Old People: One attempt to turn SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs into babies turns them into seniors instead, and SpongeBob decides to take up knitting. This gives Mr. Krabs the idea to join him so that together, they can knit a net to catch Plankton in. When they successfully knit the net and catch Plankton in it, they hang it out like a piñata so the other seniors can beat him up for calling them old.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: Plankton's attempt to turn Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob into babies ends up turning them into seniors, making him realize that he created "Senior Citizen Spray".
- Wingding Eyes: SpongeBob's eyes display "3, 2, 1, LAUNCH" before he blasts Plankton back to the Chum Bucket.
Le Big Switch
SpongeBob is enrolled in an exchange program with a snooty French chef from a high-end restaurant.
"Le Big Switch" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Appreciate the people in your life.
- French Jerk: Le Schnook.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Mr. Krabs does this when he is left bankrupt after trading away SpongeBob for a fancy chef.
- Not Now, We're Too Busy Crying over You: Happens when Mr. Krabs gets upset after realizing that it was a mistake to exchange SpongeBob for another chef.Mr. Krabs: Oh, I've been such a fool! I turned away SpongeBob, the best fry cook I ever had, and it cost me everything!SpongeBob: Mr. Krabs?Mr. Krabs: Oh, I can still hear his sweet little voice.SpongeBob: Mr. Kra-a-abs?!Mr. Krabs: Okay, now I'm scared.SpongeBob: Mr. Krabs!Mr. Krabs: Darn his cursed mocking voice! I... (notices SpongeBob) SpongeBob?SpongeBob: Ahoy, Mr. Krabs!
- One-Note Cook: SpongeBob demonstrates this when he tries cooking in a fancy restaurant and can't produce anything but a krabby patty. Even when trying to fry up a single egg, it immediately changes into a krabby patty.
- Platonic Kissing: Upon arriving, Le Schnook states that he finds both Mr. Krabs and Squidward "Disgusting", but that his culture dictates that he must kiss them. He then kisses both Mr. Krabs and Squidward on the cheeks, spitting in disgust after doing so.Mr. Krabs: Well...he's just as affectionate as the boy.
- Shockingly Expensive Bill: Le Schnook gives Mr. Krabs a massive bill that forces Mr. Krabs into bankruptcy due to the chef's extravagant demands.