Airdate: October 13, 2010
The town is invaded by loud, obnoxious guidos/Jersey Shore wannabes, and Kyle discovers a disturbing secret about his origins.
"It's a Jersey Thing" contains examples of:
- Actually Pretty Funny: Despite being ridiculed and spoofed throughout the episode, many of the people who were had largely positive reactions to it. A couple of the women from "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" even went so far as to say that they were "honored" to be mocked by them and claim that it's funny to be made into a cartoon.
- Big Damn Heroes: Al Queda saving South Park from a Jersey Folk invasion... by crashing 747s into the invading Jersey folk.
- Sheila saving Sharon from being harassed by angry Jersey women.
- Kyle saving Cartman from being raped by Snooki—Cartman actually thanks him for it.
- Bystander Syndrome: Why Arnold Schwarzenegger refuses to help South Park: budget problems in California and just a general lack of concern, since the states of Utah and Nevada stand between California and Colorado.
- Confession Cam: The Jerseyites do this parodying Jersey Shore. Later, Sheila does it while explaining her past in Jersey. Lampshaded by Sharon:Sharon: Um, Sheila, who are you taking to?
Sheila: You wouldn't understand. It's a Jersey thing.
- Enemy Mine: South Park calls upon Al Quaeda to help them with the Jerseyites after it becomes apparent that nobody else wants to help.
- Former Teen Rebel: Sheila reveals that she was once a notorious teen party-girl known as "S-Woww Tittybang."
- Hidden Depths: Kyle and Sheila's Jersey side don't come up until they're around other Jerseyites.
- Also notable they both fall into these states when their friends are harrased by other Jerseyites, showing a deep connection to their South Park home.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Cartman starts bawling when Kyle pushes him against a tree, crying about a small scratch behind his head. Cartman later exaggerates the story to the other kids.
- One-Winged Angel: Parodied by Kyle's Jersey side, "Kyley-B", which was treated as this and a Superpowered Alter Ego.
- Phrase Catcher: "It's a Jersey thing."
- Rape as Comedy: The Snooki rapes several people, such as Stephen, DogPoo, and Cartman—"Snooki want smoosh-smoosh!"
- Shout-Out: Kyle's "transformation" into a Jersey kid resembles a similar scene from Teen Wolf.
- Kyle's Jersey side is named "Kyley-B."
- Take That!: At New Jersey culture, but especially Jersey Shore and Snooki.
- Title Drop: "It's a Jersey thing."
- Too Soon: In-Universe. The town is initially against Randy's suggestion that they call upon Al Qaeda to help them.Stephen: And what about the families of the victims of 9/11? Their feelings matter for another 10 months, dammit!