While the Cave Fraggles are preparing their own weapons for war, Mokey befriends Beige, one of her captors. That night, while the other Fraggles are asleep, Red sneaks over to Mokey's cage and meets Beige. They agree that they both want to free Mokey and prevent any fighting. Before any weapons can be fired, Red hits the World's Oldest Fraggle in the face with a pie. Beige does the same to the Cave's Oldest Fraggle, and soon both groups of Fraggles are laughing. War is averted, and Mokey is freed.
This episode contains examples of:
- Camping Episode: Mokey encounters the Cave Fraggles while on a camping trip.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Red's yellow skin and bright red hair reflect her fiery persona. In contrast, Beige's beige skin and white hair suggest his more apathetic personality.
- Everybody Laughs Ending: The episode ends with the Rock Fraggles and Cave Fraggles laughing after the World's Oldest and Cave's Oldest Fraggles get hit in the face with pies.
- Foreshadowing: Boober suggests a bake-off as a means of averting war, but Red brushes him off. Later, after hearing about the Cave Fraggles' sense of humor, she realizes that pies are the key to preventing the war.Boober: Wait! Couldn't we just have a Fraggle bake-off instead?
Red: We're not going to be able to save Mokey with pies, Boober.
- Great Big Book of Everything: The Cave Fraggles have one to plan their activities.
- I Just Want to Be Free: Mokey sings "Sunlight and Shadow," a wistful song about this.
- Informed Obscenity: The word "whoopee" is a curse word by Cave Fraggle standards.
- Interrogated for Nothing: The Cave's Oldest Fraggle interrogates Mokey again and again on whether she is a spy for the Rock Fraggles, despite Mokey's insistence that she isn't.Mokey [for the umpteenth time]: My name is Mokey Fraggle. I gather radishes in the Gorgs' garden. I am not now, nor have I ever been, a spy for the enemy Fraggles.
Cave's Oldest Fraggle: Again!
- Not So Different: While on their camping trip, Mokey tells Red that, deep down, all Fraggles are the same. At the end of the episode, the Cave Fraggles and the Rock Fraggles discover they have something in common: an appreciation for pie-in-the-face comedy gold.Mokey: See? All Fraggles are alike. They all laugh!
- Passive Rescue: Red and Beige free Mokey by averting war in a nonviolent way.
- Pie in the Face: Red and Beige do this to the World's and Cave's Oldest Fraggles, making everyone laugh and preventing the war.
- The North American version "B" plot involves Doc and Shimmelfinney involved in a prank war, which includes Shimmelfinney hitting Doc with a pie. Doc goes out and buys about a half-dozen or so pies with the intention of paying Shimmelfinney back, but Sprocket convinces Doc to call a truce and have Shimmelfinney over to eat the pies instead.
- Secret Weapon: The Rock Fraggles had one stored away.
- Silly Reason for War: The Rock Fraggles and the Cave Fraggles have been enemies for years, simply because they don't have the same sense of humor.
- Skewed Priorities: The World's Oldest Fraggle is more concerned with declaring war on the Cave Fraggles than with freeing Mokey.