Gobo and Wembley decide to ask the advice of the World's Oldest Fraggle, but he's fallen asleep and won't wake up. To Gobo's horror, he realizes the same thing is happening to the other Fraggles. When he and Wembley are the only ones left awake, they go to see the Trash Heap, who says to "do what Fraggles always do." Not understanding, they decide to move the other Fraggles to the Gorgs' garden so the daylight will revive thembut on getting back to the Rock, Wembley falls asleep as well. Distraught, Gobo begins to sing. The song not only revives the Ditzies but turns out to be the Glory Song. The other Fraggles wake up, joining in the song, and Gobo realizes it's their music that keeps the Ditzies alive.
This episode contains examples of:
- Brick Break: Wembley shows Gobo how he "attacks a problem" by trying to do this to a Doozer bridge.
- Continuity Nod: The Solemn Fraggle Oath, introduced in the episode "The Preachification of Convincing John," makes a return.
- Despair Event Horizon: Gobo has one when the entire Rock has gone dark and everyone but him has fallen asleep.
- Energy Beings: The Ditzies.
- "Eureka!" Moment: Gobo has one when he realizes it's music that keeps the Ditzies alive.
- Fantastic Light Source: The reason the caves are so brightly lit is the Ditzies, creatures that feed off music and turn it into visible light.
- Forced Sleep: The Fraggles enter one without the light of the Ditzies.
- Hollywood Darkness: Here, we find out why the caves are bright.
- It Sucks to Be the Chosen One: Gobo isn't exactly thrilled when he's the one picked to write the Glory Song. It's an honor, but all it does is stress him out.
- Magic Music: Gobo's song, "Shine On, Shine On Me," revives the Ditzies.
- Pinky Swear: The other Fraggles take the Solemn Fraggle Oath to help Gobo in any way they canexcept help him write the Glory Song, which the rules state he has to do himself. They then take the Oath to stop singing and playing music so Gobo can concentrate on writing it.
- Slap Yourself Awake: Wembley does this when the light in the Rock goes out. It only works temporarily.
- Sleepwalking: After the light in the Rock goes out, the Storyteller begins doing this.Gobo [seeing the Storyteller approaching]: Thank goodness the Storyteller hasn't fallen asleep!
Storyteller: The Storyteller hasn't fallen asleep. [Sleepwalks past Gobo.]
- The Storyteller: The official storyteller of Fraggle Rock, who remembers every tale ever told.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Gobo inadvertently causes the death of the Ditzies and the eternal sleep of the Fraggles.