Time Stranger Kyoko is a 3-Volume manga created by Arina Tanemura.
The year 3000, and the world has united itself under one country and is ruled by a benevolent King.
Kyoko is the princess of Earth, but attends school as a regular student and keeps her status as the princess a secret. With the celebration for her 16th birthday approaching, she's faced with the inevitable problem of her identity as the princess being exposed.
The King offers Kyoko a compromise. If she manages to awaken her twinsister Ui from her slumber, Kyoko is free to not attend the celebration and continue her life as a regular student.
In order to awaken Ui, Kyoko must awaken her powers as the Time Stranger and find the other 11 Strangers. With her bodyguards, Sakataki and Hizuki Jin, she sets off on a quest to find them.
Time Stranger Kyoko contains the following Tropes
- All There Inthe Manual: Parodied. The clock beneath Princess Ui's body was (so they say) created by Chronos, the God of Time, himself. In order to awaken her (so it seems), one needs to find and gather all the Strangers and their respective God Stones. Only then (so they say), will she open her eyes.What's with the constant 'so they say'?!
- Animorphism: Kirito can turn into the thing their non-human DNA comes from.
- Chekhov's Gun: Kyoko's Time Staff, whom she affectionately calls 'Sticky'. Sticky's actually Chronos, the God of Time.
- Gender-Blender Name: Setsuna (Male) and Ginga (Male).
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: Twelve Strangers and their respective twelve God Stones.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Kirito tribes are made up of people who have human and animal/plant DNA.
- Improbable Age: All the Kirito tribe leaders are in their teens or younger.
- One World Order: All the countries in the world have united under one Kingdom.