Tista is a 2007 Endou Tatsuya manga.
Tista Ruon is a painfully shy, awkward church-going girl that dreams of being a teacher some day. At night, she's Sister Militia, an assassin who kills criminals for the church. She has a special feature in her eyes in that she can spot a target from miles away, and each shot is sure to take only one bullet to be fatal. During the day, she is nervous around Arty, a third-year Jerk with a Heart of Gold artist. Between protecting her Secret Identity and killing criminals, Tista has been busy.
The story is neatly contained in two volumes.
Tropes in the manga:
- Arc Words: "The judgement of the cross must be swift and gentle..."
- Badass Adorable: Tista as Sister Militia.
- BFG: Just look at it!
- Big Applesauce
- Church Militant
- Clark Kenting
- Creepy Cool Crosses: Tista even has them on the bows of her glasses.
- Disappeared Dad: Both Arty and Tista have one.
- Dramatic Wind: And how!
- Girlish Pigtails: Tista
- Gratuitous Latin: Trista's gun is inscribed with "IN HOC SIGNO", referring to the sight of the cross.
- Improbable Aiming Skills
- It's All My Fault: Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Arty
- Madness Mantra: Kyrie eleison... kyrie eleison
- Meganekko: Tista
- Narm: Absolutely ludicrous facial expressions get in the way sometimes.
- No Indoor Voice: Arty yells a lot.
- Non-Action Guy: Arty
- Punny Name: Arty. And That's Terrible.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend
- Shrinking Violet: Tista
- Slasher Smile
- Trojan Horse: Arty is not pleased to find out that his paintings and the artwork are only being used to smuggle drugs to London.
- Vigilante Man: Tista is the young girl version.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Arty's friends.
- When She Smiles: Arty notes that she actually looks pretty cute when she smiles.
- Wide Eyes and Shrunken Irises: When Tista has flashbacks.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Said when Arty is held at gunpoint
- You Killed My Father