What you start to realize is
You're the only one.
All the reasons being special directly causes so many problems in your life.
- Arrested for Heroism: The police try to arrest you for doing the right thing because it's not exactly the way they want it.
- Being Good Sucks: Heroic acts are joyless.
- Blessed with Suck: A normally cool power has serious drawbacks.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Feeling compelled to go out of your way to help people no matter how much it inconveniences you.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: No matter how much good you do, everyone around you shames and attacks you for one reason or another.
- Heroism Won't Pay the Bills: Heroes struggle with their finances while saving the world.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: The hero wants to have a normal life free of supervillains.
- It Sucks to Be the Chosen One: Being the Chosen One means you can never have a peaceful life.
- The Masquerade Will Kill Your Dating Life: Having a secret puts a serious strain on your love life.
- I Have Your Wife: Your loved ones are in constant danger of being kidnapped and used as leverage against you.
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies: Having to break up with your love interest to protect them from danger.
- Targeted to Hurt the Hero: A character who is hurt or killed off to torment another character who cares about them.
- Part-Time Hero: Struggling to balance both sides of your double life.
- Refusal of the Call: Recognizing these drawbacks and refusing to take part in it.
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: If you're too awesome, others may try to bring you down to their level out of jealousy and spite.
- There Are No Therapists: You can't discuss the problems your job causes for you with anyone else.
- Triple Shifter: Balancing your day job with your night job leaves little time for naps.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: A Kid Hero attempts to balance their hero life with their personal life.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: If you have powers, you should devote your life to using them for good.