- The magic wishing word for Patrick's Magic Wishing Shell is literally "okay". The reason:Patrick: It used to be "Alaka-zama-ala-balo-weesnaw-dinky-tana-fooshbarg-grittlebits-von-weiner-schnauzer", but I kept forgetting it.
- Bubble Buddy's been in the bottle for too long. His first conversation with SpongeBob has him say that his mission is to defeat the Giant Monkey Man and save the 9th dimension.
- "If I had a castle, I'd name it Fort Pattytown III. And Fort Pattytown III would have a big bake sale every Monday."
- From the tutorial, when teaching about health:"SpongeBob will lose underwear if he gets hurt. Like this." (a safe falls on SpongeBob)
- To prevent the player from dying because they read the sign with only one health left, they even disable it!
- Robo-Plankton appears to imply that he has a... thing toward SpongeBot SteelPants.Robo-Plankton: (in Machine Monotone) "No! You dolts have destroyed my beautiful bride! We were supposed to get married next week!"
Sandy: Did he say married?
- Mr. Krabs' humorously half-baked reason to why SpongeBob should destroy the floating tikis outside the Sea Needle.Mr. Krabs: Uh...'cuz they were laughin' at you and calling you funny names.
SpongeBob: What kind of funny names?
Mr. Krabs: Um...you know. SpongeBob...ButtPants.
SpongeBob: That's not very funny.
Mr. Krabs: Uh...no...but they said yer mom was ugly.
- The reference to "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost". In fact, pretty much any reference to an episode that was aired at the time the game was released.
- In Rock Bottom, standing near the vending machine at the start will cause a cutscene to start where a bus drives up, idles for a moment, then drives right off, a clever and possible to miss reference to the episode "Rock Bottom". All that's missing is a Bus Stop on the opposite side of the road.
- One of the missions in Rock Bottom involves Mrs. Puff asking you to reclaim artwork stolen from the Rock Bottom Art Museum and bringing it to her. When SpongeBob asks why she needs the artwork:
- Five words: Retirement Home Girls Gone Wild.
- In SpongeBob's Dream, there was a level intended for Patrick that would've been dessert-themed. However, for reasons that are unclear, it was cut. The developers, seeing a prime chance to make another reference to the show, just made Patrick's dream a pitch black room with him standing under a spotlight where he just gives you the Golden Spatula, no strings attached (well, technically there is, because he challenges you to find the Golden Spatula... that he's holding as he talks to you.) Though considering how hard the platform is to reach it in the first place, it was probably justified.
- The "reason" you're collecting Golden Spatulas.Bubble Buddy: Because, SpongeBob...
SpongeBob: Well, I can't argue with that.
- SpongeBob's Lampshade Hanging on the robot that uses a giant ham to smash you. Patrick, on the other hand...SpongeBob: Ham-mer. (laughs) I get it!
Patrick: I don't get it.
- The fact you get a Golden Spatula for annoying the hell out of Squidward. Yes. And how to do it? "Just jump around like an idiot." You can also get a sock by destroying everything in Squidward's house and drawing a mustache on his portrait.Squidward: Hey!
- And if you talk to Squidward after getting the spatulaSpongeBob: Hey, Squidward.
Squidward: Didn't I pay you to go away?
- And if you talk to Squidward after getting the spatula
- The Health extension item being golden underwear. The health pick up is SpongeBob's Underwear, but you also play as Patrick and Sandy. Because of this, they are very clearly confused by how that even works.Sandy: Eww...I can't believe I'm wearin' SpongeBob's underwear.
Patrick: I don't think SpongeBob's underwear fits quite right.
- After Mermaid Man gives SpongeBob the Golden Spatula for defeating the Mermalair boss, we get this gem:SpongeBob: Thank you, Mermaid Man. I shall always live my life by your shining example.
(Cut to the opposite angle to show that Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy have already walked away)
SpongeBob: Let goodness and kindness—
(Mermaid Man pokes back around the corner)
Mermaid Man: Are you still here?
- This conversation between SpongeBob and Squidward in the Mermalair level:Squidward: Uh, SpongeBob? How do I get out of here?
SpongeBob: Well, that depends; do you want the booby trapped or the non-booby trapped exit?
Squidward: Non-booby trapped, please.
SpongeBob: Then go that way.
Squidward: (various screams as he gets maimed offscreen)
SpongeBob: Or maybe it was that way.
- The "secret ending" where all the characters in the game sing the series' theme song... except for Squidward and Plankton, the former (pictured above) taking a moment to bang his head against the cash register.
- A meta one. On the Steam page for Rehydrated, the system requirements simply read "I'm ready!" for all categories, and the release date is listed as "(When) I'm ready!"
- Some of the big robot introductory cutscenes are very funny. The Sleepy-Time's introduction has a citizen try to use the bathroom. He taps the robot and it gets angry. What is follows is the citizen peeing himself and getting zapped.
- After Patrick finished Mrs. Puff's job in Jellyfish Fields.Mrs. Puff: Well done Patrick. You're a real star!
Patrick: Can I get a cookie?
Mrs. Puff: No.
- A meta example for Rehydrated: In the Rock Bottom Museum, several glass cases contain character models, which are mostly frozen to give off the appearance of statues. One of the glass cases contains several elderly fish- which aren't frozen, and their idle animations are intact, making it look like someone just trapped them in there.
- When Patrick encounters Plankton in Jellyfish Fields:Plankton: Hey you Barnacle Head! Watch where you're going!
Patrick: The Rock is talking to me! Oh mighty rock, I am at your command!
Plankton: Down here you big pink lummox!
Patrick: Oh hi there Mr. Plankton. Are you going to vaporize me today?
Plankton: So-very-tempting. Unfortunately I've found myself in the undesirable position of having to assist you.
Patrick: I was in an undesirable position yesterday and now my neck hurts.
Plankton: Heed my words my large future minion. Go into Jellyfish Cave. Follow the instructions on the Signs that you see. At the end of the caves you'll still be a big pink idiot, but you'll know enough to help me defeat the robots and get me back into the Chum Bucket.
Patrick: Then will you vaporize me?
Plankton: I might spare your life so I can force you to work in my sweatshop making low quality designer knockoff wallets.
Patrick: Oh thank you!
Funny / SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom