Well, he was "spoiling" himself, until this happened.
61A - Fear of a Krabby Patty
- Krabs hangs the sign detailing the Krusty Krab's new hours in the front window, but then sees that the Chum Bucket is now open 23 hours a day:
Mr. Krabs: What the-? The Chum Bucket, open 23 hours!? So that little piece of flotsam Plankton thinks he can stay open longer than me, does he? (a fish customer walks up as Krabs says this)
Fish: (not really listening) Sure, I don't know. Why not.
Mr. Krabs: Well, he's wrong!
Fish: (still not really listening) Oh, okay. Sure. (walks off)
- Right after Mr. Krabs announces they're open 24 hours a day, Spongebob smashes his face right through the wall behind Squidward out of sheer joy at never having to stop working.
- There is a chuckleworthy moment where Plankton dangles down in a spy outfit and gloats that with more pressure SpongeBob will crack like an egg. After his speech, Mr. Krabs comes up says, "Ew, a spider-bug," and squishes Plankton.
- The Tiredness Montage. We see a view of the ocean island, changing between night and day as images of Mr. Krabs announcing the day, Plankton scheming, and SpongeBob working. However, during it, an image of confused Old Man Walker floats by randomly, saying "Wait, what's going on? Whoa, whoa!"
- SpongeBob's face after being overworked is absolutely priceless, as is the scene that follows in which he hallucinates Mr. Krabs as a giant talking Krabby Patty.
SpongeBob: (after Mr. Krabs slaps him out of his overwork-induced spasms) Oh, hey, Mr. Krabs, when did you get in here?
Krabs: Boy, I'm worried that- (turns into a giant Krabby Patty and speaks in unintelligible gibberish, then turns back to normal) Got it?
SpongeBob: (rubs his eyes in confusion) Uh, I'm sorry, Mr. Krabs. Uh, could you run that by me again?
Krabs: Sure. I said I'm worried that- (turns into a giant Krabby Patty again and speaks in unintelligible gibberish, then turns back to normal)
SpongeBob: (calmly) That's what I thought you said. Now let me offer this as a rebuttal: AAAHHHHHHHH!! (runs off in a panic)
- "I told you that shirt was hideous!"
- This exchange:
Krabs: I think maybe you should see a professional.
- Plankton tries to find out the secret formula by pretending to cure SpongeBob's insomnia-induced fear of Krabby Patties. He starts by telling SpongeBob to close his eyes:
Now, tell me what you see. SpongeBob:
I see... giant Krabby Patties! Plankton:
Good! (produces microcassette recorder)
And what are they made of? (presses "Record") SpongeBob: (shuddering)
No, I mean ingredients, what are the stinkin' ingredients!? SpongeBob:
They're coming for me! No! NO! NOOOO!!
Stay - back! (reaches out of frame and grabs a grand piano) Plankton: Wait, where'd you get that piano?... (SpongeBob smashes the piano over Plankton)
- Plankton's next scheme is a word association test... but SpongeBob doesn't quite understand the premise of the test.
We're trying something else. I'm going to say a word, and I want you to say the first word that pops into your head. Ready? SpongeBob: I'm ready! Plankton:
Work. Plankton: (frowns)
Spatula. Plankton: (scowls)
See, the key is to say something different
than what I say. SpongeBob:
Ohhh, okay, I got it. (gives "OK" sign) Plankton:
To-mah-to. (Plankton sighs)
- Next, Plankton spreads a set of cards with common kitchen ingredients on the floor and tries to goad SpongeBob into picking out the ones in the secret formula. Instead, SpongeBob arranges the cards into the shape of a (three-dimensional) grand piano, which promptly flips over and crushes Plankton.
- Later, Plankton attempts to use hypnosis to get SpongeBob to tell him the Krabby Patty secret formula. Unfortunately (for him), he can't get SpongeBob to wake up (this technique is what cures his fear of Krabby Patties moments later), even after shouting and using cymbals, trumpets, and drums. Plankton runs himself dry, and asks, "What else is loud and obnoxious?" He then pulls out a cell phone with the ring tone playing.
- The giant Krabby Patty visits SpongeBob in his hypnosis-induced dream:
Giant Krabby Patty:
Hey, SpongeBob. I heard your brain was sick, so I brought you this cookie pizza. (hands SpongeBob a giant cookie) SpongeBob:
Gee... thanks! Giant Krabby Patty:
And here's some chocolate milk. (hands SpongeBob a glass of chocolate milk) SpongeBob:
The king of flavoured dairy drinks! (drains the glass, then tosses it aside)
Oh, Krabby Patty, I'm so glad we're friends again! Giant Krabby Patty:
Just remember, SpongeBob. I'll always be with you. Right... (points at SpongeBob's chest with a glowing finger)
In my heart? Giant Krabby Patty: Actually, in your arteries.
61B - Shell of a Man
- "You're alive! And... naked."
- Mr. Krabs' other navy buddies reveal their own embarrassing secrets. Mutton Chop's sideburns are fake, Torpedo Belly had his torpedo removed, Lockjaw Jones' teeth have been replaced with dentures and Iron Eye's iron eye is actually made of formica. Mr. Krabs considers himself the lucky one. After all, at least his shell will grow back.
62A - The Lost Mattress
- Patrick, at the dump: "What a dump."
- The Running Gag of Mr. Krabs being relocated to far less comfortable locations. (From the hospital room to the hallway, then just outside the hospital, and finally pushed down to hill to where his mattress is thrown out.)
- Squidward's plan to retrieve the mattress:
Squidward: (to SpongeBob and Patrick) You two sneak in there, remove the mattress from underneath the guard worm, without waking the worm.
Patrick: Why not?
SpongeBob: Because that would be rude, Patrick.
- SpongeBob witnessing Mr. Krabs throwing out his back.
62B - Krabs vs. Plankton
- Plankton's opening statement to the court about his accident at the Krusty Krab:
But the worst part of it is, my dreams of completing a marathon like I promised my old Grammy have been dashed. (he cries)
I'm... I'm sorry, Gram-Gram! Sorry. (the jury cries, too)
Thank you for your kind attention. (under his breath)
Suckers. Judge Stickleback: (trying not to cry)
Does the defense have an opening statement? SpongeBob:
Yes, Your Honor. (sobs) Poor Gram-Gram!
- Squidward on the witness stand:
Ahh, Squidward, a loyal employee. SpongeBob:
Mr., uhh, Squidward, is it? My client has been called cheap. Would you agree with the ludicrous statement? Squidward: Yes. Mr. Krabs: WHAT?! SpongeBob:
Allow me to rephrase the question: Can you tell the court of some instance of Mr. Krabs' generosity in any way? Squidward:
No. Can I go now? One day off in three years, and I have to spend it testifying?
- SpongeBob attempting to cross-examine the mop he was using earlier that caused the accident in the first place:
SpongeBob: So it was you who made the floor slippery, wasn't it? (it doesn't speak; it only drips water) Answer the question! Need I remind you that you, sir, are under oath?
63 - Have You Seen This Snail?
- The Dirty Bubble becoming a paddleball champion, which is odd, considering he's a bubble. (Though there is a picture of him actually holding a paddleball and playing it, strange as it sounds.)
- While SpongeBob and Patrick were looking for Gary:
Squidward: (taking a bath)
What are those neanderthals up to? Don't they know that I'm busy spoiling myself? (SpongeBob and Patrick barge in his bathroom) AAAHHH!!! AAAHHHH!!! AAAHHH!!! (pants)
- While "Gary's Song" may be incredibly sad, it did give us this scene:
Patrick: (SpongeBob is sky-writing "Gary, come home!") I want peanuts. (Presses a button)
SpongeBob: PAT, NO! (both scream as the plane flies out of control, erasing the message and creating one that says "Lisa, will you marry me?" as a fish couple sees the message)
Girlfriend/Wife: Who is this "Lisa" person?
Boyfriend/Husband: What? (Girlfriend/Wife slaps him)
- While Patrick is comforting SpongeBob after failing to find Gary:
Patrick: (Patrick is comforting SpongeBob)
Just let it all out buddy, that's it. SpongeBob:
I can't cry anymore, Patrick. When Gary left, he took all my tears with him. Patrick:
Did you just say "Gary"? SpongeBob, I just remembered! Earlier today at the craft store, I SAW...these huge chunks of balsa wood
, they were awesome! SpongeBob:
Gary loved balsa wood! (starts crying)
- In an otherwise tense scene, the low-speed street chase between Granny and Gary, in which Granny slowly shuffles towards Gary all the while fruitlessly pelting cookies at him while he slowly slithers away is an amusing image for some.
64A - Skill Crane
- Squidward doesn't want to try Skill Crane at first before Krabs coaxes him into the first free try.
Mr. Krabs: (holding out a quarter) C'mon, Squidward. You know you want to.
Squidward: (sighs) Okay, if you insist. (accepts coin, pockets it and walks away) Thanks.
Mr. Krabs: (angry) Squidward! In the machine!
Squidward: All right, all right.
- Squidward's funny breakdown after he keeps losing.
Mr Krabs: Need some change?
Squidward: (sadly) No...
Mr Krabs: (disappointed) Wha...why?
Because...I'm all out of...MONEY!
- What makes it even funnier is his face right when he starts shouting.
- When Mr. Krabs empties the coin bin containing all the quarters Squidward spent on the Skill Crane, he finds that Squidward paid it using the deed to his own house at one point.
64B - Good Neighbors
- The entire "Newspaper Monster" bit.
- This not-so subtle allusion to Freemasonry.
- Just the idea that SpongeBob would get french tip toenails, let alone refer to them as "lovely".
- SpongeBob and Patrick attempting to turn off the security system.
SpongeBob: (flicks a light switch)
Nope, not it. Patrick: (flushes toilet)
Nope. SpongeBob: (turns on ceiling fan)
Nope. Patrick: (presses toaster lever; Beat)
Well, that's not it either.
- Squidward has to have some form of Medium Awareness.
65A - Selling Out
- Mr. Krabs gets so bored with his retirement that he goes out to play golf. Then he stops in the middle of the game, saying to himself "Wait a minute... I hate golf!"
- Anyone who's ever worked in retail will tell you how accurate this is.
What's our motto here at Krabby O'Mondays? Squidward: "Sincere service with a smile." Carl:
We-e-ell, yes, but with the Krabby O'Mondays spirit
! Now, Squidward, you wouldn't want to have to talk to Human Resources. (thug slides out from door and punches his fist) ...Would ya'?
65B - Funny Pants
- Patrick repeatedly slipping on a banana peel over and over again. And it somehow doesn't get old.
- The fact that when a pie truck crashes, its airbag is literally a Pie in the Face.
66 - Dunces and Dragons
- SpongeBob reminds the Renaissance Faire guard why he hates his job:
- This small dialogue:
SpongeBob: (to Medieval Sandy) I must fulfill the prophecy while you untie Patrick and the royal doofus!
Squidly: That be royal fool.
- Also Squidly cursing his great, great grandson. Take a guess who that grandson is.
- Squidly singing a song that mocks the king.
Squidly: You are bad, you are to blame, so hang your kingly head in shame!
SpongeBob and Patrick: The king is bad, the king's to blame, he hangs his kingly head in shame!
- Squidly's attempt at serenading the dragon jellyfish:
Squidly: There once was a dragon so handsome and smart / He let me go free, for he had a big heart...
(the jellyfish zaps Squidly)
Squidly: Everyone beith a critic.
67A - Enemy In-Law
67B - Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture
68A - Patrick SmartPants
68B - SquidBob TentaclePants
69A - Krusty Towers
- A classic Cloudcuckoolander moment from Patrick:
Squidward: (lifting Patrick's suitcases) Patrick...what's in these bags, rocks?
[the suitcase falls open to reveal they are full of rocks]
Squidward: Hey, these are rocks! Why is your suitcase full of rocks?
Patrick: I don't tell you how to live your life!
- Squidward attempts to ride an elevator to deliver Patrick's suitcases, only for Mr. Krabs to show up in it and inform him that the elevator is only for guests before telling him to use the employee elevator. Squidward drags the suitcases to it, only to find out once the doors open that the employee "elevator" is actually a flight of stairs. He is not amused.
I would like a Krabby Patty and one room. With cheese! Oh, and can I get cheese on the Krabby Patty too? (later) SpongeBob:
Sorry, Mr. Krabs! We were all outta cheese. Patrick: (in a cheese-covered room) HOORAY!!!
- When told to write his name, Patrick draws a picture of himself as a giant monster being shot at by planes.
- To abuse the hotel's motto, Squidward requests Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob to redesign his room, but when they redesign it to theme of King Neptune XIV, Squidward shakes his head, looking unsatisfied. Then, the room is redesigned to a modern theme, then to a country theme, then a torture theme. All of which is met with Squidward's same reaction, until he is satisfied with the original theme.
Mr. Krabs: This room is exactly the same as when we started!
Squidward: Nothing like getting back to the basics.
- Black Comedy at its finest.
Hello? (SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are wearing ski masks with a bag; Mama Tentacles gasps) Mr. Krabs: (putting full bag in the trunk; lid won't close)
SpongeBob! SpongeBob: (whacks bag with shovel; lid still won't close)
No good, Mr. Krabs! Mama Tentacles: Allow me, boys. (slams trunk shut) Mr. Krabs:
Great! Now that me laundry's in the trunk... SpongeBob:
There's room for you to sit up front! Mama Tentacles:
Let's go bake some cookies, boys! SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs:
Hooray! Mr. Krabs: (cut back to Squidward's room)
I'm impressed. These are
just like mother used to make! I just wish mom was a better cook.
69B - Mrs. Puff, You're Fired
- A representative from the BSTAB has reminded Mrs. Puff of her unusual amount of failings in her classroom. Mrs. Puff retorts and says that only one student has failed her class (SpongeBob) and the representative tells her that he failed the test approximately 1,258,056 times while showing a folder where the failed files of SpongeBob are shown. He flips them over and the pictures of SpongeBob are shown laughing.
- After Mrs. Puff is fired, she is enjoying a scenery while painting. She quickly notices the boat and attempts to paint something really quick. When the boat runs into her, the painting is shown to be SpongeBob, the instructor and Mr. Fitz fearing for their lives.
- When Sgt. Roderick arrives to replace Mrs. Puff, he lays down the rules:
First rule: no talking. Student #1: (raises hand)
Does that mean— (Roderick grabs him and throws him out of the class, through the wall, smashing a hole in it) Sgt. Roderick:
Second rule: no eating in class. (he then holds up a box of bonbons and speaks more sweetly) Would anyone care for a bonbon? (Beat) Student #2: Uh, I'll eat one! (everyone gasps) Sgt. Roderick:
Pick your favorite... (this student takes a bonbon and eats it)
How's it taste? Student #2:
It's a delightful taste sensation. Sgt. Roderick: (grabbing student) NO EATING IN MY CLASSROOM!! (Roderick roughly throws this student out of the class as well, also smashing a hole in the wall in the process)
- Then Sgt. Roderick commands Spongebob to take a boat apart and put it back together again.
(Roderick is asleep) SpongeBob:
It's ready, Sarge! (Roderick wakes with a start) Roderick
: JUMPIN' JELLYFISH!
(the camera pans over to reveal that SpongeBob has somehow built a rocket
, which then takes off)
70A - Ghost Host
- The Dutchman's friends crashing SpongeBob's house, and the female fish he flirts with.
- The video: "The power within!...The power within!...The power within!...The power within!...The power within!"
70B - Chimps Ahoy
71A - Whale of a Birthday
- Squidward's cover of a Boys Who Cry song.
Squidward: Hello, ladies.
(Cut to Pearl, jaw dropped in horror as she realizes what is about to happen)
Squidward: When my tear ducts have issue,
I can't use just any tissue.
I need 4 ply, 4 ply,
4 ply when I cry!
- How much does Squidward really care about Pearl's party?
Pearl's friend: (drinks punch)
It tastes like dishwater! Squidward: It is dishwater.
71B - Karate Island
72A - All That Glitters
- This bit of Black Comedy Burst as SpongeBob is grieving over Spat.
Doctor: There's no easy way to say this. SpongeBob, if I were you, I would give serious consideration to start thinking about... a replacement spatula. (SpongeBob starts crying) Go home. Get some rest. We'll... try to do everything we can.
SpongeBob: (sniff) Thank you, Doctor...
"Doctor": Oh, I'm not a doctor. I'm an actor searching for a role. Yes! Woo-hoo! I am so totally gonna get this part.
- Boomerangs back around as a Brick Joke when SpongeBob visits the hospital a second time.
Spatula? It can't be true! It's too late! (cries) "Doctor":
SpongeBob, I hate to tell you this- SpongeBob:
I know. He's moved on to the big kitchen drawer in the sky! He's gone! (cries more) "Doctor":
Actually, it's not that. I didn't get the acting part. SpongeBob:
Oh. I'm so sorry. (beat; goes back to crying)
72B - Wishing You Well
- When SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward are stuck at the bottom of the well, we have this exchange:
Maybe if you had more upper arm strength. Patrick:
Yeah, you should work out more. Squidward:
Well, why don't I start right now
?! After all, I got a couple of dumbbells
right here! (laughs) Patrick:
I don't get it. Squidward: (to Patrick)
Could you not stand so close? You're making me claustrophobic. Patrick:
What does 'claustrophobic' mean? SpongeBob:
It means he's afraid of Santa Claus. Squidward:
No it doesn't! Patrick: (waving arms) HO HO HO!!! (chuckles) SpongeBob:
Stop it, Patrick! You're scaring him! Patrick: (still waving arms) HO HO HO!!! Squidward: It's not working, Patrick. Patrick: (disappointed)
- SpongeBob giving a shocked gasp when Mrs. Puff says she wants to be a hot rod mama.
73A - New Leaf
- Even a show like this knows how to make Eye Scream funny.
- During the trust fall, Plankton has a hard time holding up Mr. Krabs, as expected.
- The fact that the episode came out in 2006 makes this joke all the better.
73B - Once Bitten
- All of the supposed symptoms of Mad Snail Disease.
Patrick: Bloodshot eyes, loss of balance, messy pants, ticklish ribcage; severely untrimmed toenails.
- One of the biggest examples of Literal-Minded Insane Troll Logic.
I don't believe that's the real SpongeBob. He looks pretty zombified. Just look at how yellow
he is. SpongeBob:
Come on, Patrick! Would a zombie have a picture of his best buddy in his wallet? Patrick:
...Perhaps not. But I've got my eye on you! Old Man Walker:
If you could pull out your eye and put it on him
, wouldn't that make... you
a zombie, too?! Patrick: (ponders the idea)
...You're right. I'M A ZOMBIE! Old Man Walker:
Who's to say we're not all
74A - Bummer Vacation
74B - Wigstruck
75A - Squidtastic Voyage
75B - That's No Lady
76A - The Thing
76B - Hocus Pocus
77A - Driven to Tears
- Patrick does the one thing (in one try) that SpongeBob could never do in over a million times... pass Ms. Puff's boating exam. With a perfect score. Of course, SpongeBob slowly breaks as Patrick continues to brag about it, even to his parents. The moment they drive off:
Mr. Squarepants: Even Patrick has a license.
(Mr. & Mrs. Squarepants sigh.)
- Mr. Krabs isn't very good at consoling people.
SpongeBob: I used to have a dream.
Mr. Krabs: Yeah? I used to have a kidney stone. Everything passes eventually. Now stop dreaming and work for a living.
77B - Rule of Dumb
- Patrick believes he's being hunted by the library for overdue library books, so he burns the books at SpongeBob's house.
- Patrick blowing up at SpongeBob, who shrinks to the size of a bug and then high-tails it out of there as Patrick freaks out.
78A - Born to Be Wild
- SpongeBob says he has to take the 'shortcut' to the Krusty Krab. The shortcut is the bubbles they use to change scenes. Mr. Krabs' reaction to SpongeBob suddenly being there is priceless.
- Later, SpongeBob tries asking for Squidward for help to deal with the Wild Ones. He then tells him to get a good grip on his pants and turn around. And then he kicks him so hard and high that he lands next to Patrick in the next scene.
- The two hide inside a clam, who then spits them out and gargles some mouthwash.
- The reveal that the vicious biker gang called the Wild Ones are really a bunch of old men who are actually called the "Mild" Ones. And they're so mild they allow Squidward, originally begging for mercy before realizing who they are, to ride away with them.
78B - Best Frenemies
79A - The Pink Purloiner
79B - Squid Wood
- Squidward's clever wordplay when SpongeBob calls him over the phone.
SpongeBob: How about a game of hangman?
Squidward: How about a game of hang up?! (slams phone)
- SpongeBob fancily referring to mahjong as "maw-jawwwng".
- Patrick, believing that Mini Squidward is the real Squidward, guesses that, "you shaved your beard". Cue SpongeBob and Mini Squidward giving each other Stunned Silence Aside Glances.
- When the customers want Mini Squidward to dance for their amusement, they get what they bargained for through not only the customers inexplicably flying, but also through Mini Squidward, SpongeBob, and two customers Shaking the Rump.
Harold: Maybe Squidward should get size-reduction surgery, so he'll dance better!
80A - Best Day Ever
- The really fast gag of the nematodes eating SpongeBob's pants off.
- SpongeBob luring the usher away from the door with a puppet results in him encountering a puppet of the usher.
Usher Puppet: Ticket, please.
- Even when Mr. Krabs wants to make it up to SpongeBob, he's not above wanting to cheap out.
Mr. Krabs: Ladies and gentlemen! Tonight, the Bikini Bottom Players proudly present, a very... expensive production of... "The Best Day Ever"! (murmuring) Better be good for all it's costing me...
- Later, in the middle of the show...
SpongeBob: (swinging on a rope)
♪That's where it's at!♪ (kicks over a stage light) Mr. Krabs: I'm not payin' for that!
80B - The Gift of Gum
- SpongeBob having to karate kick the giant wad of gum into his house. His legs poke out from under it... and SpongeBob is using them as pickaxes to pull him out from under the gum.
- In trying to "steal" the gum away from the dead of night, SpongeBob slips in to find a bunch of fish stuck inside for who knows how long, and all frolic outside with glee of freedom.
- A truck driver telling his truck "Old Blue" to keep pushing, not even aware of the gum lasso Sandy threw at it.
Truck Driver: Don't you talk back to me! Do as your told! Do it! Do it! Do it! Come on girl, do it! Come on!
- Squidward's involvement in the plot:
Squidward: (looks out his window to see all the gum) What the...? (stops himself) Just let it go, Squidward. Let it go. Don't get involved, Squidward. (Squidward's house attaches itself to SpongeBob's. Squidward is sent out his window and onto the sticky gum) Of course.
Don't they know I'm busy SPOILING myself?
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!