A 2007 Japanese Film about a very cute college girl, Ami, who seeks vengeance for her slain little brother, with gruesome spectacle. Yoshihiro Nishimura did the gore effects for this movie before going on to direct Tokyo Gore Police.
A Darker and Edgier reboot, titled Rise of the Machine Girls, is set to be released in November, 2019, directed by Yuki Kobayashi and produced by Nishimura, without the involvement of original director/writer Noboru Iguchi.
This film provides examples of:
- An Arm and a Leg: the villains cut off Ami's left arm, inspiring her to replace it with a machine gun, hence the title of the film
- Arm Cannon: Ami's machinegun replaces the left forearm the villains amputated.
- B-Movie: deliberately so. perhaps even a C.
- BFG: Ami's gatling gun. If only for practical purposes, since it had to be big enough to conceal the actress's forearm.
- Bloody Hilarious: pretty much the movie's main draw.
- Chainsaw Good: Both Ami and Miki in the final confrontation.
- Defeat Means Friendship: The only way for Ami to gain Miki's trust is through an arm wrestling challenge in what Miki had defined a "Battle between people who have lost beloved ones". While it's not exactly an official therapeutic procedure, it seems to work.
- Exploitation Film: definitely not high art, that's for sure.
- Gatling Good Ami's Arm Cannon is actually a Gatling gun.
- High-Pressure Blood: So much so that it makes one wonder how those who aren't killed instantly manage to do anything else.
- Overdrawn at the Blood Bank: Enough blood is shed in this move to supply the Red Cross for 10 years.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: First they killed Ami's brother, then they cut off her hand. Now they're going to pay!
- Rule of Cool: the only thing that could possibly justifying all of the bloody silliness. For instance, Ami's Gatling gun, which somehow works despite having no visible ammunition supply.
- Sailor Fuku: Ami dons a schoolgirl's uniform for pretty much the whole movie for no good reason since she's supposedly a college student.
- Sequel Hook: Albeit one that was never elaborated on. There was a sequel, but it was In Name Only.
- Training Montage: provided with also some shots of the weapon under construction which will later be used by Ami