Rock Monster is a 2008 Made-for-TV Fantasy film that aired in the SyFy Channel. The film is about well...a Rock Monster terrorizing an Eastern European town with some college kids on field trip caught in the mix.
Needs Wiki Magic.
Rock Monster provides the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Cassandra.
- The Alcoholic: The Colonel.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: The result of Vodka.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: As with most B-movies.
- Big Damn Heroes: Jason and his college classmates. If it helps that Jason is the modern-day descendant of King Arthur no less!
- BFG: The town has many RPG and machine guns at their disposal. Cassandra arms herself with an RPG-7 in the final battle.
- Break Out the Museum Piece: The village surprisingly has a lot of surplus World War II and Cold War-era weaponry, including a functional Soviet T-34/85 tank!
- Chekhov's Gun: While not a gun in the strict sense, the sword Jason wields is the legendary Excalibur which is the only weapon that could defeat the rock monster.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Need we say more?
- Heroic Lineage: Jason is revealed to be the descendant of the legendary King Arthur. Counts as a Famous Ancestor.
- Honorable Marriage Proposal: Not so honorable since Jason confessed to the drunk Colonel that he somehow loves his daughter Cassandra.
- More Dakka: The town has many left over weapons from the Soviet era which includes AK-47s, PPSh-41s, and countless Warsaw Pact machine guns.
- National Stereotypes: Drunk Eastern Europeans armed with Soviet weapons.
- Plus, the human villain is a homage to many KGB-esque characters in several media.
- Tank Goodness: The village deploys a T-34 tank against the Rock Monster in the first battle.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: The Colonel who is also Cassandra's father.
- Rock Monster: And it is also the name of the movie.
- Überwald: Since it is set in a town in Eastern Europe, it could count as this.