Two years after the events of Watchtower, Jesse has continued to make increasingly dangerous runs into zombie-infested territory, attempting to figure out the truth behind the U.S. military's actions during the previous outbreak. During one such run, he discovers an imminent plot by the military to summarily execute every infected civilian by overloading their Zombrex chips.
Aided by a renegade Phenotrans executive, an ex-military computer expert, and a criminal acquaintance, Jesse makes one last run into the infected territory to attempt to reach the military's server farm and stop their plan.
This film provides examples of:
- Back from the Dead: Jordan shows up at the last second, having spent the last two years as a guinea pig for military experiments.
- Combat Pragmatist: There are a couple of pretty cool fight scenes where Chase is forced to dispatch a mob of zombies using whatever he can get his hands on.
- Improvised Weapon: The film once again features a heavy emphasis on the characters building elaborate combination weapons.
- Our Zombies Are Different: While characters in Endgame keep misidentifying the cause of the infection as a virus (it's explicitly a parasite in the games), they also start running into the "king" zombies from Dead Rising 3.
- Self-Surgery: Sandra cuts out her own Zombrex chip when it looks like she's not going to be able to shut down the servers before they can issue the overload command.