Jennifer Tree (Cuthbert) is a model who gets captured and wakes up in a strange cell. She spends most of the movie trying to escape and then she discovers she's not the only one who is captured.
Tropes associated with Captivity:
- Corrupt the Cutie: Jennifer escapes, but not before killing Ben, one of the detectives, and leaving Gary to die. The alternate ending even suggests she becomes a Knight Templar who hunts and kills people like him.
- Covers Always Lie: The controversial advertising campaign included a series of posters suggesting a female character's kidnapping, torture, and murder (or execution). Jennifer actually survives the ending.
- Do You Want to Copulate?: One of the most bizarre scenes in the movie; after failing to escape with Gary (believing he's another prisoner), she thinks he's injured and tries to help him, leading to consensual sex.
- For the Evulz: The two kidnappers certainly don't seem to have any other motive in mind.
- Hellbent For Leather: Jennifer wears a leather skirt in one scene. We even have her bending over so that we get a look at her ass.
- Lima Syndrome: A very, very dark variant. Gary claims to be in love with Jennifer, and kills his brother - or tries to - in order to protect her, then later claims she belongs to him. She doesn't appreciate it.
- Not Quite Dead: Gary tries to kill Ben and the detectives, but as it turns out, both aren't actually dead yet; this is the Deus ex Machina that saves Jennifer.
- Revised Ending: An ending was filmed but not used (but is included on the DVD) in which the man being tortured and killed with a hammer in the opening scene is revealed (through press clippings) to be a three-time murderer of women; his assailant is revealed to be Jennifer.
- Running Gag: Jennifer being knocked unconscious.