Destroying the Autobots is the foremost thing on my mind. Out of the coming mission, we will have an inexorable energy source which will bring us on even ground with our enemies. Our superior technology and perseverance will do the rest-The bizarre new body aside, Ravage was looking forward to spying on the unsuspecting ponies.
War is terrifying. When you've been at it for over ten million years, you tend to start to run out of resources. You also start to run out of ideas, and this can be particularly vexing if your people face annihilation if defeated. The warring factions of the Transformers, the Autobots and Decepticons, are locked in such a titanic death struggle.
The Decepticons rebuild one of their best spies into the likeness of a pony and send him to Equestria, a nation found on a planet during a top secret investigation. In an effort to study magic and quantify it, they hope to establish a valuable new energy source. However, their studies of the pony culture, though detailed, are barely comprehensive enough for their agent to fit in. Worse still, the spy must wrestle with the sensations of his never-before-used organic body, including the frequent and puzzling emotions that occur whenever ponies interact with him.
Transformed is a crossover fanfic written by The Flying Spaghetti Monster and combines elements from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and Transformers: Generation 1. The story is ongoing and can be read on Fimfiction here.
Transformed contains examples of:
- The Ace: The ponies consider Ravage to be intelligent, tough, athletic, charismatic, and handsome. Ravage, however, despises this position as it makes his spying more difficult due to attracting the attention of the towns mares.
- Being Equine Sucks: Ravage despises the need to eat food, clean his body, dispose of bodily waste, and being forced to interact with nosy ponies to keep his cover.
- Bi the Way: Due to the high female-to-male ratio, most single mares appear to be bisexual with very few mares being strictly on stallions.
- Blood Knight: Throughout the story, Ravage mentions how he'd prefer to be fighting Autobots rather than interacting with the Equestrians.
- Butt-Monkey: Starscream is this to the Decepticons. One of Ravages fondest memories of his previous life is his love of watching Megatron abuse Starscream.
- Chick Magnet: The Decepticons made Ravage's pony body so that he could look like an unassuming, easy-to-miss stallion. Instead, they accidentally made him very noticeable to most of the mares in Ponyville, so Ravage has to ward off their advances.
- Double Entendre: Ravages name can be defined as causing severe damage, which is appropriate for a Decepticon that loves fighting Autobots. Some of the flirtier mares, however, think that his name has a more salacious meaning.
- Female Gaze: The first thing that most mares notice about Ravage is that he has fantastic flanks. Funnily enough, Ravage considers wide flanks to be only useful for storing ammo and flexing his legs.
- Fish out of Water: The asexual, introverted Cybertronian soldier has to live among a peaceful, extroverted species that is incredibly amorous when it comes to courting.
- Friend to All Children: Despite his dislike for adult ponies, due to how intrusive they can be with his privacy, Ravage finds newborn foals to be fascinating.
- Gatling Good: Ravage's body is equipped with a pair of machine guns that are stored on his flanks.
- Genius Bruiser: Ravage is noted by many ponies to be incredibly intelligent for an Earth Pony, especially due to his desire to understand magic.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Megatron has a trigger-happy attitude whenever his soldiers commit any type of mistake.
- Humanity Is Infectious: As the story advances, Ravage starts to stay in pony mode for longer periods of time and is slowly developing a liking towards Equestrian culture.
- Irony: The more promiscuous and forward mares are despised by Ravage, yet Fluttershy, the most innocent and shy of his suitors, is his favorite pony.
- Large Ham: Luna's first interaction with Ravage is filled with loud and dramatic statements of affection, rather than the subtlety expressed by other mares. Ravage himself occasionally has moments like this.
- Literal-Minded: Ravage has little to no understanding of double-meanings, euphemisms, or metaphors used by the more flirty mares regarding him.
- Love at First Sight: Many mares suffer from this when they meet Ravage. Though it'd be more accurate to call it a case of Lust at First Sight.
- Made of Iron: Ravage is naturally tougher and more resilient to damage than the average pony. His toughness comes from hydraulics as he has carbon tubules that interlock into a steel-like covering whenever he transforms into his Decepticon form.
- MayflyDecember Romance: Any romance with Ravage would be this. Luna, due to having a lifespan that can last millennia, is convinced that shed have this type of romance with Ravage with her as the older partner. Shes unaware that shed be, by far, the younger partner due to Ravage being far older than her with an age of over eight million years.
- More Than Meets the Eye: He's a Transformer, so this trope is expected to appear. It's even lampshaded by Luna.
- Mysterious Stranger: Although Ravage manages to infiltrate Ponyville and interact with its residents, many mares are very curious about his past and background.
- Panthera Awesome: Ravage's original body as a Transformer was a quadrupedal panther. Later, he gets a bipedal Decepticon body with a panther head. Even his pony body is remarked to have some feline traits by some mares.
- Really 700 Years Old: Celestia and Luna, just like the show. Ravage is far older than either of them as the lifespan of a Cybertronian can last millions of years as opposed to the Princesses being a few millennia old.
- Really Gets Around: Due to the gregarious personality of the Equestrian, this behavior is encouraged when dating or courting somepony. Princess Luna used to have this reputation prior to her banishment.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Ravages Decepticon form has red eyes as opposed to the silver/grey eyes of his pony form.
- Running Gag: It seems most mares cant help but appreciate Ravages flanks whenever they meet him for the first time.
- Shown Their Work: The fic uses scientific principles and research to show Ravage's opinion about the impossibilities of Equestrian magic. It also gives detailed descriptions of the type of sophisticated equipment he uses for investigation.
- Slave to PR: To keep good relations with the ponies, Ravage has to accept date request from mares and listen to dating gossip, but its obvious that he despises doing so, as most mares are interested in bedding him.
- Stalker with a Crush: Funnily enough, Luna fits this trope in spades as she uses complicated spells, dream-walking, and servants to gather information about Ravage so that she can date him. It becomes more serious and less funny when the story advances.
- Super Strength: Ravages pony body is fueled by hydraulic systems, small nuclear reactors, and energon, so hes physically stronger than most ponies. Luna is confirmed to be physically stronger than him in later chapters.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Ravage's pony body is as tall as Luna, has darker colors than the colorful residents of Ponyville, and is considered desirable by many mares. Ravage hates being this trope and would have rather have a more plain appearance.
- Time Abyss: As a Cybertronian who has lived for eight million years, Ravage is probably older than any sapient being on Equestria.
- Undying Loyalty: Ravage is loyal to Megatron and the Decepticon cause. Hes disgusted at having to kneel and pretend to be the subject of Celestia and Luna.
- Unexpected Virgin: Due to the amorous lifestyle Equestrians live through, nearly every adult pony thinks that Ravage has some experience with the opposite sex. However, the readers know that Ravage is a virgin due to being member of a race that doesnt require sexual reproduction.
- Unwanted Harem: Ravage being an attractive, single stallion means that he has to deal with herds of ponies that want to make him the stallion of their herd.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: As a Decepticon, Ravage can turn from pony mode into Decepticon mode whenever he needs to.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Ravages gray, silvery eyes are an attractive feature that many mares, particularly Fluttershy and Rarity, point out about him.