see it all in bloom is a series of My Hero Academia fanfics by aloneintherain (captainkirkk on tumblr). It focuses on Midoriya Izukus class from UA as they become pro heroes, and how the world reacts to them.
Series-wide tropes include:
- Battle Couple: Being heroes, most of the pairings in this series apply, with Bakugou and Kirishima being Happily Married, while both pairs of Todoroki and Midoriya, and Yaoyorozu and Jirou, are engaged. Tsuyu and Ochako are at the very least dating.
- Cosplay Otaku Boy: Midoriya is this, even after becoming a Pro Hero. In-story, he's shown to have cosplayed Mind Blank (Shinsou) and All Might, and is also mentioned to have dressed as Uravity.
- He also has a dog-sized Bakugou costume for Barkugo.
- Celebrity Is Overrated: Shinso is an "underground hero" out of necessity, since his Quirk requires villains not to know what it is to be effective.
- Emotional Bruiser: Deku and Red Riot, mostly.
- Fan Verse
- Good Counterpart: Bakugo has become this to Endeavour, whose fall from grace is alluded to at various points. He's still a determined rival to Deku, but he's perfectly happy as #2 and the two are good friends lacking any real animosity.
- Heroes Love Dogs: Midoriya and Todoroki have adopted a Chow Chow named Barkugou. Bakugou loves him (though he is very annoyed they named the dog after him).
- Hope Bringer: Deku has taken over the role of the Symbol of Peace and #1 Hero from his retired predecessor, All Might.
- Humble Hero: Deku still sees himself as simply plain Izuku, despite being the #1 Hero, All Might's successor, and an internationally recognized figure.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Shinsou has a pet cat named Nyazawa.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Deku is still a rambling fanboy to both his fellow Pros and Sidekicks despite being the #1 Hero, which causes shock and surprise to them. His friends merely affectionately chalk it up to him being him.
- Paranoia Fuel: Played for Laughs: because Izuku is very active in hero fandom and on social media, fans occasionally worry about Deku finding out about conversations about him. He absolutely knows.
- Punny Name: All known pets have animal pun variants of actual characters' names.
- Reformed Bully: Bakugou has redeemed himself in this series and is part of an Anti-Bullying campaign, but still apologises to Midoriya quite often for bullying him. Midoriya has forgiven him, though.
- Retired Badass: All Might, having avoided the Mentor Occupational Hazard, now lives a peaceful life in the countryside, trying to be a farmer and learning to cook.
- Series Fic
- We Named the Monkey "Jack": Barkugou and Nyazawa are named after their friend Bakugou and their homeroom teacher Aizawa. Neither namesake is thrilled about this.
Tropes specific to history has its eyes on you include:
- Lethal Chef: Downplayed, but All Might learning to bake is a minor part of the story. Deku is very protective of All Might's feeling in regards to the hobby.
- Parental Substitute: All Might seems to have become a sort of surrogate father to Deku. Best shown when, caught with a beer, All Might mentions how he wanted to share a beer with his son. Deku, being Deku, breaks down crying at hearing that.
- Scrapbook Story: Told through an array of tumblr posts, Buzzfeed quizzes, news stories, and the uaclass1a Instagram account.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Two versions of Deku
- Switching P.O.V.: The narrative sections of the story dont always come from a single perspective, though the majority is told through the eyes of Izuku.
Tropes specific to starry eyed include:
- Heroic BSoD: Having Deku happily bounce up to them and cheerfully heap praise and amazement at their skill, followed by him asking for an autograph, sends Mini-Me and Goldfinger into an emotional spiral on the floor. Their boss Cellophane thinks it's hilarious.
- Non-P.O.V. Protagonist: The story is told from the perspective of the original characters, Mini-Me and Goldfinger, but it definitely focuses on the #1 Hero Deku.
Tropes specific to another face in the crowd include:
- Actually, I Am Him: Izuku and Ikki happily argue over who is cooler, Deku or All Might. Then Uraraka, Sero, and Kaminari show up, and Ikki realizes he's been arguing with Deku this whole time.
- Hero-Worshipper: Ikki is this to heroes in general, but to Deku in particular.
- Only Sane Man: Takanaka, who is mostly swept along for the ride as his son converses with a stranger in a Batman mask.
Tropes specific to know who you are include:
- A Day in the Limelight: For Shinsou Hitoshi.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Discussed, using in-universe fandom to explore the prejudices that may be held against people with Quirks like Shinsou.
- Dynamic Entry: Deku does this during an offscreen incident. It's speculated that he doesn't even use his Quirk to manage it.
- Fantastic Racism: Quirk discrimination is quite common among young kids.
- Scrapbook Story: Like history has its eyes on you, this story is also told through tumblr posts and news stories, balanced with normal narration.
Tropes specific to will i ever be more than i've always been include:
- Accomplice by Inaction: Bakugou tears into his former principal (and by extension, the school itself) for not doing anything when he made other students' lives hell as a kid.
- The Atoner: The story is 9k words of Bakugou atoning for bullying Midoriya.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: The plot starts with Bakugou, during the July Attacks, choosing to leave his chance to ambush Shigaraki and get the fame for taking out the mastermind. Instead, he saved a family from Moonfish.
- Good Is Not Nice: Just because he's around children doesn't mean that Bakugou will be any less himself.
- Humble Hero: What Bakugou aims to become.
- I Hate Past Me: Bakugou hates the way he was as a kid/teen, and has taken up advocating and speaking at schools in regards to Anti-Bullying, though still in a very Bakugou way.
- Scrapbook Story: Averted from the rest of the series. The story alternates between two points in time, the end of the cast's 3rd year in high school and the series's current time, so there is no scrapbooking. The author states that it would have been too confusing.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: A fair amount of the story is Bakugou doing this about himself, bullies in general, and the headmaster of his old middle school.
Tropes specific to who lives, who dies, who tells your story include:
- Biography: In trying to deal with his depression All Might begins writing about his life, eventually publishing it as his official autobiography All Might: The Price and Principle of Peace.
- Brick Joke: In-Universe: Way back in their first year (during the series), Shouto asked Izuku if he was All Might's biological son. Fast forward to now, and Izuku gets asked that same question multiple times by fans.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: All Might cant have alcohol due to his medical conditions, not that that stops him from trying.
- Chekhov's Hobby: Izuku rattles off a list of hobbies that All Might could take up to help deal with his depression. Among the options listed are writing and baking.
- Cool Old Lady: Tatsuko, All Mights neighbor, who both Izuku and Toshinori consider a frightening force of nature.
- Lethal Chef: This story reveals how All Might began his baking hobby.
- Obsolete Mentor: Retired Badass or not, All Might has trouble emotionally accepting his retirement. Hes shown struggling with and working through the resulting depression in this story.
- Parental Substitute: Class 3-A collectively refers to All Might as their dad. Izuku has to deal with fans asking if he and All Might are biologically related a lot, as even outright denials aren't convincing.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Inko and Toshinori are very domestic with each other when together, despite not being a couple. Izuku has long given up on trying to understand their relationship.
- Scrapbook Story: Continuing the tradition set by history has its eyes on you and know who you are.