Anna has always thought her cousin Rapunzel was a goody girl. Always smiling and being cheerful, Anna would never have suspected anything wrong with her, until one night when Anna discovers something about her cousin, which sparks a bond that Anna wouldn't have suspected, one that eventually includes her best friend Elsa too.
The Secret Life of Punzie demonstrates examples of the following tropes:
- Adaptational Sexuality: In Tangled, Rapunzel is only shown interested in men. Here Rapunzel is a lesbian.
- The Cameo: The New Girl stars Merida as the titular new girl.
- Good Bad Girl: Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa are all girlfriends and the former two practice stripping and encourage each other to see other girls in an open relationship, but it is done with full-transparency and are otherwise good people.
- Kissing Cousins: Rapunzel and Anna are cousins, but are very much in a sexual relationship. This is often glossed over as not only is cousin-incest considered less risque than between siblings, but because they are both women and therefor the stigma is less justified.
- Lemon: Rated X for strong sexual content.
- Modern AU Fic: No magic, no towers, no trolls. The story is just between a couple of high school girls.
- Naughty by Night: Being sick of the being the wholesome A+ student, Rapunzel started committing minor acts of rebellion in-secret, starting with getting a tattoo. Eventually it culminated in Rapunzel becoming the star dancer in a lesbian strip-club.
- Open-Minded Parent: Elsa's parents seem fine with the fact that she is dating two girls (both of them being cousins too each other) who are both strippers. That last part is justified since her mother worked as a stripper, her father being one of her clients.
- Polyamory: It starts out with Anna discovering Rapunzel's secret-life as a stripper and becomes her girlfriend. Afterwards, they include Elsa in on the relationship and start a threeway open-relationship.
- Related in the Adaptation: Rapunzel and Anna are cousins in this continuity.
- Relationship Upgrade: Elsa and Anna have apparently had lingering feelings for each other for a while. When Elsa expresses how pent up she feels, she convinces her to visit the strip club she and Rapunzel work at as a way of confessing their feelings for her, causing them to go from friends to girlfriends.
- Shout-Out: When Anna calls her and Elsa "hella gay", Elsa asks where she learned that phrase. Anna remarks that she heard it from her friend Chloe.
- Unrelated in the Adaptation: Anna and Elsa are not sisters in this continuity, instead being friends and eventually upgrading to lovers.