Harley & Ivy is a 2004 mini-series based off the Batman: The Animated Series. It consists of three issues and has been bundled into a compilation volume.
Being a comic, it's allowed to get away with more than cartoons thanks to different censorship regulations. Despite that, it's still mostly kid-friendly.
Compare to The Batman Adventures, another tie-in comic to Batman: The Animated Series. If you're thinking of that scene where Batgirl thinks Ivy and Harley are "more than friends", that happened in Batgirl Adventures, not here.
Harley & Ivy contains examples of:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: What Ivy uses during her escape from prison.
- Answer Cut: On the first page of issue number two, a journalist gives exposition for the setting the story is taking place, and describes the concerns taking place about the rainforest being endangered. Then it's said that the place needs heroes to help them with this, but that where they'll come from, no one will say. Cut to a page-wide panel of Poison Ivy being smacked down on the floor in nothing but her underwear.
- Corrupt Politician: President Juan Ceballos of Costa Verde. Of course, he will protect the environment, though only because he's paid a large sum. When some are offering more to not do it, he obliges.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Harley Quinn. Apparently The Ditz and with a tendency to say too much, but can ultimately show quite some wit, and kick ass.
- Everyone Is Christian at Christmas: Harley is Jewish but she loves Christmas trees because they're sparkly.
- Fanservice: The series has Shower Scene and Lingerie Scene.
- Forgiven, but Not Forgotten: At the end of the first issue, Ivy forgives Harley for her actions, by taking the girl with her on the ship she's travelling with... but is implied to let Harley being dragged after the ship in the water. It is never mentioned afterwards.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Although downplayed a little here, when Ivy gives these to Harley after the latter screwed up big time by throwing the plant Ivy wanted so much against Batman's head in a last resort, you can tell she's pissed.
- Gonky Femme: The female guards at the Costa Verde prison.
- Hotter and Sexier: It's more risqué than BTAS thanks to the perspective that it offers on the inside of the girls bedroom and general personal space.
- Mind-Control Device: Throughout the series, Poison Ivy plans on getting the "zombie root" with the help of Harley, which she wants to use to turn people into her slaves.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Zany and kinda ditzy Harley is the Red Oni to Ivy's more serious and goal-oriented Blue Oni.
- Shower Scene: Harley tries to cheer Ivy up by taking a shower with her (no, not like that, get your mind out of the gutter). It comes with a little bit of Censor Steam and Censor Suds. Although it was meant to be nice and relaxing, Ivy later snaps at Harley anyway.
- Villain Episode: The entire mini-series is a Perspective Flip based around Harley and Ivy.
- Would Hit a Girl: The woodchopping mercenaries aren't bothered at all by the idea of fighting girls. One of them gives Harley a hard backhand to her jaw.