This list is for characters that appear in the film Ronin.
A quintet of men who are all former special operations personnel hired to steal a case.
Played by: Robert De Niro
An former CIA agent hired to steal a valuable case with unknown contents.
- The Leader: His part in the group. Sam has an equal balance of combat and strategic skills that allows him to take charge of the group.
- The Mole: He actually still works for the CIA.
- Oh, Crap!: When he finds silver paint on his hands and realizes that Gregor, who allegedly gave him the case, switched out the case and gave Sam one with a bomb inside.
- Samurai: A modern-day version, since he still works for his government instead of being an out-of-work mercenary like the rest of the team.
- Shoot the Hostage Taker: Takes out a mercenary at the Arles Amphitheater like this.
- Walking Armory: Sam carries the largest variety of weapons, from a Colt M1991A1 Series 80 pistol, a SIG-Sauer P228 pistol, a SIG SG 551 assault rifle, a FN MINIMI-Para Mk 2 machine gun, a Heckler & Koch HK69A1 grenade launcher, and a LAW66 rocket launcher, the last four of which are used in the ambush in Nice alone.
Played by: Jean Reno
A French agent who is hired to steal the case.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Sams life during the climax by shooting Seamus.
- Combat Pragmatist: Uses gadgets to change the traffic lights and a gunfire simulator to distract the Mooks in Nice.
- The Face: His part in the group. Vincent is full of contacts and can get any equipment or information needed with just a few phone calls or visits.
- The Lancer: To Sam.
- Noodle Incident: Whatever happened in Vienna where he encountered Sergi.
- Perma-Stubble: A trademark of Jean Reno characters.
- Weapon of Choice: A Beretta 92FS Inox semi-automatic handgun.
Played by: Stellan Skarsgård
A German agent hired to steal the case.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Gregor wears glasses and is the groups traitor.
- Hey, Catch!: Early in the film, Sam offers to pour Gregor coffee and deliberately knocks the cup (made of metal) off the table. Gregor catches it.Sam: Good reflexes.Gregor: Oh yeah. They die hard.
- Kick the Dog: Tries to shoot a little girl just to make a point about how ruthless he is.
- Mission Control: His part in the group. Gregor's task is to plan the original heist, follow everyone from his computer and give them information and directions.
- Oh, Crap!: When he realizes that the Russians want to kill him.
- The Smart Guy: Gregors specialty is computers. He seems to be more skilled than being a computer expert, as Sam learns when he tests Gregors reflexes with a coffee cup.
- Weapon of Choice: A Glock 17L pistol with the sights removed to allow for a claw mount with a Bushnell HOLOSight400 attachment.
- Would Hurt a Child: Shown when he casually aims his pistol at a little girl at a playground, just to show what hed do to someone he didnt know, compared to someone he doesnt like.
Played by: Sean Bean
A former SAS agent hired to steal the case.
- The Big Guy: His part in the group. Hired for his experience in direct combat. Too bad it's all fake.
- Blinded by the Light: During the first shootout, the buyers shine headlights in his face."Shit! I can't see! I can't see!"
- Put on a Bus: After being outed as a fake.
- Weapon of Choice: A Heckler & Koch MP5K submachine gun. He also carries a Sig-Sauer P229 pistol.
Played by: Skipp Sudduth
Another former American agent hired to steal the case.
Played by: Natascha McElhone
An Irish woman who hires the mercenaries to steal the case.
Played by: Jonathan Pryce
Deirdres boss and member of the IRA.
- Big Bad: Its he who sets the plot in motion and much of the film is spent trying to get him away from the case.
- Combat Pragmatist: Uses a car door to trip up Gregor.
- Famous Last Words: You stupid shite. Youre a dead man.
- In the Back: Seamus has Sam at gunpoint and is about to kill him when Vincent comes up behind him and shoots him.
- Weapon of Choice: A Sig-Sauer P239 two-tone pistol.