Magical Girls | Kyubey and the Witches | Supporting Characters | The Movie Rebellion | Kazumi Magica (Magical Girls | Others) | Oriko Magica | Suzune Magica | Tart Magica | Portable | Magia Record
The "fairy" that contracted with Kazumi and the Pleiades Saints. Revealed to be an "incomplete" Incubator clone created by Niko using one of Kyubey's dead bodies.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Not only is he an Incubator (after a fashion), but his color scheme is far darker and his design a little more monstrous than Kyubey's. Unlike Kyubey, though, Jubey seems to genuinely care for his charges and never shows any real signs of Kyubey's deviousness.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Satomi calls him "Bey-chan", and Niko calls him, "Beyyan." He doesn't like it.
- Expressive Hair / Expressive Ears: It's...not quite clear what they are, but in Chapter 8 he uses one of them to make a thinking pose, complete with thumb and forefinger cupped under his chin.
- The Fair Folk: Described as a fairy (yousei). The official translation uses "mystical creatures" or "sprite" instead.
- Development Gag: An early series proposal for the anime referred to the contract making creature as a fairy.
- Fake Memories / HeelFace Brainwashing: The reason he doesn't act like Kyubey. Not
- The real reason he doesn't act like an Incubator is because he isn't one; he's a fake that Niko created.
- Make a Wish: He is an Incubator, after all. Until he gets this ability removed by Umika, anyway...
- In truth, he never had this ability. At least, not after the Pleiades created him from one of Kyuubey's corpses.
- Meaningful Name: His name is short for "Juuzoku suru Incubator": "The Incubator that follows us."
- The Medic: The Pleiades use his unique power to purify their Soul Gems rather than having to use Grief Seeds. Or so they think. Their plan to build a gem-cleaning "program" into Juubey only made their Soul Gems look purified.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Unlike Kyubey, who views humans as livestock in comparison to his race, Jubey is actively proud of his duty under the Pleiades.
- Mysterious Watcher: At the end of Chapter 3.
- Numerical Theme Naming: In Japanese, "ju" is the number ten. "kyu" (as in "Kyubey") is the number nine.
- Perpetual Smiler: Subverted. Though he's made from Kyubey, he's very expressive and seems to have a full range of emotions.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Rogue Drone: He's been cut off from the Incubator hive mind, and would be considered insane by their standards.
- Slasher Smile: At the beginning of Chapter 4.
- And another in Chapter 9.
- Everywhere in Chapter 10.
- Sleep Cute: With Toto in Chapter 4.
- Weasel Mascot: With the power to purify The Corruption from Soul Gems. Or so it seems. The anime characters got a raw deal here.
- The truth of the matter is that he doesn't have purification powers. Rather, the "purification" only makes the Soul Gems look clean on the surface. Nobody, not even Juubey, knew this until it was all too late.
You know who this is. Kyubey appears throughout the story as a Mysterious Watcher.
- Arc Welder: His presence connects Kazumi Magica to Madoka Magica.
- Chekhov's Gunman: That wasn't a cameo...
- Face Framed in Shadow: Throughout Chapter 5, he only appears as a shadow or within shadows.
- Foreshadowing & Fridge Horror: ""I wonder if you'll do so well this time?" Kyuubey knew about Kazumi being a clone
- Greater-Scope Villain:
- Hijacked by Ganon: Twice. The first was with the whole "Yuuri"/Airi affair. The second was when Jubey is revealed to be an artificial being and Kyubey is revealed to be replaced by Jubey in everyone's memories - meaning he's also responsible for Kanna contracting. It's implied that he knew the Pleiades were plotting against him, and deliberately sought out Airi and Kanna to deal with the problem for him.
- The Man Behind the Man: Besides his rigged Magical Girl system, he's also responsible for "Yuuri"/Airi's and Kanna's Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
- Manipulative Bastard: He simply tells Airi the truth about what happened to Yuuri. Her desire for revenge does the rest. He does much the same with Kanna.
- Mysterious Watcher: Several times. He calmly watches as Kazumi fights with her clones and gets stabbed without moving a muscle.
- Ret Gone: Due to a spell cast by the Pleaides, literally no-one in Asunaro remembers or notices the guy.
The man who released Kazumi from her suitcase after she became amnesiac, and a talented chef.
- Disproportionate Retribution: When he lost his shop in a bad business deal, he decides to blow up a mall.
- Nice Hat
- The One Guy: Literally the only man or boy that has any role in the series.
- Put on a Bus / What Happened to the Mouse?: He abruptly disappears after the incident at the mall, when the scene cuts to Kazumi walking off with Umika and Kaoru.
A policewoman who set Tachibana up to take the fall for a bombing while under the control of an Evil Nut. She became a police officer in order to investigate magical girls because her school friend, a magical girl herself, disappeared.
- The Cassandra: She believed Remi's little sister's story about magical girls, and when she tried to provide her superiors with evidence, she was mocked and ignored.
- Muggle Best Friend: To Remi Shiina, though she was unaware of Remi's secret life as a magical girl until after she vanished.
- One-Winged Angel: While possessed by an Evil Nut, she turns into a giant preying mantis◊.
- Prim and Proper Bun: She fits the mold almost perfectly in her first appearance, though this lessens in her later ones. She's been wearing her hair this way since she was a schoolgirl.
- Put on a Bus / What Happened to the Mouse?: She vanishes after being defeated by Kazumi, with no word as to what happened to her.
- The Bus Came Back: She makes a major return in chapter 16, apparently without any memories of what happened to her at the Misaki house.
[]A "combination witch" in the same vein as Walpurgisnacht artificially fused by Kanna.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Like Walpurgisnacht.
- Eldritch Abomination: Like all witches.
- Final Boss: The last thing fought in the series.
- For the Evulz: Most witches have a 'nature' that seems to put their actions into a sort of context. Hyades Daybreak's nature is just destruction.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: As an artificial witch, she doesn't have an official name, so Kyubey himself names her after the Hyades race that Kanna is trying to create.