For tropes regarding the MCU Canon character, see his folder on MCU: New Avengers.
Pietro Maximoff / Quicksilver
Birth Name: Pietro Maximoff
Known Alias: Quicksilver
Species: Enhanced Human
Affiliation(s): HYDRA, Avengers
Likeness Based On: Aaron Johnson
Appearances: The Ashen Avenger
The brother of Wanda, who also underwent Wolfgang von Strucker's experiment, which gave him superhuman speed. Defeated in combat by Doctor Moone, he's taken to Avengers Tower, where he learns the truth behind everything he's gone through in his life. He joins the Avengers to stop his sister from making a grave error. Subsequently, he joins June and Enchantress in their cosmic quest to uncover the mystery of the figure behind the infinity stones.
- Adaptational Heroism: Downplayed, but thanks to being captured by the Avengers early on, he gets no opportunity to do the villainous deeds he did in the original film.
- Adaptational Personality Change: Since Pietro is Spared by the Adaptation, he earns Character Development that turns him into something more akin to The Heart type of character. He's also a nicer person overall from the start.
- Amazon Chaser: He's tooled into this, mixed with a slight case of Love at First Punch. He becomes very attracted to June after she beats him in a fight and captures him.
- Anti-Villain: Downplayed, because he doesn't do anything villainous. He's antagonistic to the Avengers because one of Stark's black-market-dealt weapons destroyed his home and killed his parents.
- Arrow Catch: As in the film, he's more than capable of catching arrows midflight.
- Badass Beard: Just like the one Aaron Johnson sported in Avengers: Age of Ultron. It grows out even thicker three months after the battle of Sokovia.
- Big Brother Instinct: When he joins up forces with the Avengers, his first order of business is to get his sister back from Ultron's side.
- Big Damn Kiss: After June resuscitates him after Ultron shoots him up, Pietro gives her one of these. She was receptive to it.
- Broken Pedestal: Suffers from this to a significant degree when he learns that the very people who said they'd help him accomplish his goals were the ones truly causing them. He angsts about it for multiple chapters.
- BrotherSister Team: He and his sister have been the leading emotional forces throughout their lives after the deaths of their parents, and June lampshades it at one point. Eventually ended when, at Wanda's subtle encouragement, Pietro goes alongside his new lover June to explore the cosmos and uncover mysteries of the infinity stones.
- Catchphrase: In The Ashen Avenger just like Age of Ultron, "You didn't see that coming?" Unlike the last time, they're not his Famous Last Words.
- Exact Words: When he's imprisoned in Avengers Tower, he's just gotten out of a shower and started getting dressed when June knocks on the door and asks him if it's safe to come in. He tricks her into coming in when he's half-naked, leading to this exchange.June: "You said I could come in."Pietro: "No. You asked me if it was safe to come in. It is. Unless my mind is playing tricks on me, you were the one who kicked my ass."
- Fragile Speedster: He can move fast, but moving fast for too long takes a toll on him, and he has to catch his breath a few times. He also can't stop bullets either. Fortunately, June is there to save him from getting shot to death.
- Glad-to-Be-Alive Sex: More like Glad to be Alive Kiss. Pietro immediately kisses June, who he's been attracted to for the whole time he's known her, right after she saves him from death. She's very accepting of it.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Uses nothing other than his fists, given weapons would probably just break under the strain of hitting something when he moves so fast.
- HeelFace Turn: Pulls one much earlier than in Age of Ultron, since he learns of the true nature of HYDRA while imprisoned in Avengers Tower.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He throws himself in front of Clint and the child he's holding to save them from a barrage of bullets from Ultron. He takes all of them, acting as a human shield. His wounds prove fatal. Except this time around, June is The Medic with enough power to resurrect the recently deceased.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Like his sister, he allies himself with HYDRA because of his blind hatred for Tony Stark, and by extension, the Avengers.
- Invulnerable Knuckles: Can rip through Ultron sentries like papier-maché. Kind of a necessary power if you can move very fast.
- Luxury Prison Suite: Is given one surrounded by a mystical containment spell when imprisoned in Avengers Tower. He lampshades and asks June why he's in one of these instead of a classic American prison cell, to which June answers that she believe American prisons are ineffective, inhumane, and counterintuitive.
- Morality Pet: June serves as one to him. Her civil conversations and revelations to him inspire him to HeelFace Turn.
- Mr. Fanservice: June certainly thinks so. He gets a shirtless scene with June just to get her to drop her professional front.
- Multiple Gunshot Death: As in Age of Ultron, he dies when he takes all the bullets to save Clint and a child in his arms. Except in this case, June is able to save him from his very recent death.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Alongside Broken Pedestal, Pietro goes through this when he accepts the truth about HYDRA.
- Mystical White Hair: Though it only affects the hair on his head and not the rest of his hair on the rest of his body.
- Not So Different:
- With Steve Rogers, who puts it simply, comparing the events in his life dealing HYDRA and the horrifying revelations to Steve's own revelations about S.H.I.E.L.D. being overtaken by HYDRA and used as a clandestine terrorist cell.
- Also with June, in that she thinks their lives are rather similar. Both of their lives were abruptly altered in significant ways thanks to criminal underworlds interfering with their lives.
- Redemption Equals Death: Turns face early into the story, and dies protecting Clint and a child in the final battle. Subverted when June resuscitates him from immediate death.
- Relationship Upgrade: With June during the denouement of The Ashen Avenger.
- Required Secondary Powers: Alongside his Super Speed, he has incredible durability that lets him charge into enemies without turning to pulp. He also has superb reflexes and faster perception of the world, like June.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Suffers his canonical death, but luckily for him, June can resurrect people who are very recently dead and have intact bodies.
- Super Speed: He's Quicksilver. June describes her sprint as his walk.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Separately from his HeelFace Turn. After June saves his life after he gets shot by Ultron, the experience made him drop the pretense of an impatient hotheaded speedster, becoming kinder and more levelheaded.