Visual Novel: My Girlfriend Is the President
My Girlfriend Is The President
(Japanese title: Osananajimi wa Daitouryou
, more accurately "My Childhood Friend is the President") is an eroge
by the company Alcot.
What happens when a loli-alien-maid crashes her ship into the Earth, eliminating Japan's government? Hilarity Ensues
, of course. The entire world is brainwashed into believing the first girl on the scene is the Japanese president, with only two people in the world who remember how it used to be.
Junichiro Hondo, teenage pervert, is the new vice president and one of those who remember the old ways. His childhood friend Yukino Ohama, who isn't named after American President Obama
, is the new President of the United States of Nippon and quickly develops a fanbase. The rest of the cast includes a female not-Rahm Emanuel, a gender-flipped version of Vladimir Putin
, a personified spaceship and the aforementioned loli-alien-maid.
A trailer can be found here
. JAST USA
(link Not Safe for Work
) localized the game, using most if not all of TLWiki's
unfinished Fan Translation
Also, a fandisc was released on August 13, 2010, featuring epilogues of Irina's and Ell's routes. The translation came out in July of 2014.
My Girlfriend Is The President provides examples of:
- Accent Upon The Wrong Syllable - Souma.
- A-Cup Angst - Kuon is very sensitive about her small bust size.
- Aliens Made Them Do It: Subverted in the fandisc. Qoo pretends she's giving Jun some medicine for his cold, but he actually didn't have one. She just made him drink an aphrodisiac before. She says it's because I Want Grandkids and he's been trying to avoid getting Ell pregnant, but Ell is too exhausted to continue before long and Qoo has to step in. The subversion comes in when it turns out she really just wanted to sleep with him and made up a plausible sounding excuse that Ell would accept.
- All-Loving Hero - Yukino tries her best to make all her citizens happy.
- All There in the Manual - Qoo invokes this almost immediately. In fact, it's her demanding Jun to read it that triggers the first choice of the game.
- American Political System - Thanks to an unfortunate UFO crash, this gets transplanted to Japan. The game even has a few segments to explain the real world American Political System, and their use of it is surprisingly accurate for a game running heavily on the Rule of Funny, but not always.
- And This Is for... - Jun, while delivering one hell of a whoopass to Souma. Ell also does this to Remi when the latter interrupts a TV show the former was watching.
- Aroused by Their Voice - Jun's knees begin to tremble when he hears Saionji's voice.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever - Panda/Saionji in Ran's route.
- Ax-Crazy - Kuon, who frequently gets scolded by Putina for her violent acts in public.
- Badass Adorable - Putina takes detours from routine strolls to beat up terrorists with her judo and uses her days off to be a Big Damn Hero.
- Ell is made for this trope, as is her sister, Remi.
- Badass Boast - From Qoo of all people.
Qoo Little-Little: "I am Qoo Little-Little, the most intelligent being in the universe! "Impossible" doesn't exist in my electronic dictionary! The entire galaxy will eventually be mine!"
- Bait and Switch - The hot spring scene in Yukino's begins by building up as an H-scene complete with seeing Yukino naked and one of the the H-scene bgms playing. Then Jun loses control and we learn that Yukino isn't going to get over her phallophobia that easily. In the end an otherwise intimate moment is rapidly and unexpectedly switched out to comedy almost instantly.
- Become a Real Boy - One of the central themes of Ell's route. In the end, she succeeds and, with help from Qoo and Remi, reincarnates as an actual human after her Heroic Sacrifice.
- Berserk Button:
- Putina doesn't appreciate being called "Puchin". At the end of her route, she manages to get used to that nickname.
- Do not utter the word "flat" when Kuon or Remi is nearby.
- Betty and Veronica - The sweet ditzy childhood friend Yukino and the extremely famous, beautiful, tsundere badass Putina respectively.
- Big Damn Heroes - Morita in Yukino's ending, using the "Go Iron Man" suit to dive-bomb Remi's brainwashing gun and disabling the barrier surrounding the school in the process. A reckless plan, though he's sure he won't die, because his cute wife is waiting for him back home. In one of his eroges.
Junichiro: Wait! You're pointlessly setting up too many mortality flags!
- Bland-Name Product - Giant X. Makes whatever is injected with it turn giant. Also NYAmazon.
- Blatant Lies
- "Onee-san didn't raise you to be that way!" You raised Jun to be this way and you know it!
- In Irina's fandisc epilogue Yukino won't give them five minutes of privacy, so when she has to leave the house to get her stuff and then rushes back home she finds them "busy" in the bathroom. They continue even after knowing she's there, and when they come out, they both swear they were practicing pro wrestling.
- Brainwashed and Crazy - Putina in the climax of her route, complete with Mind-Control Eyes.
- Bullying a Dragon: There are three dumb girls in Jun's class that try to bully Irina when she transfers in for being a foreigner and very popular. Contrary to their expectations, Irina is highly amused. Even apart from having electricity powers, she’s known to be a martial artist and very aggressive plus has her own secret police. The very next scene is the three girls begging for mercy.
- Buxom Is Better - A lot of Junichiro's attention is devoted to Putina and Ran's breasts. And on the opposite side of things he denies being a lolicon. He will point out though that he appreciated the existence of breasts themselves rather than any one size.
- Cain and Abel - Remi is very jealous of Ell because Remi accidentally disappeared during a test flight and was found by Souma while Ell was raised properly by Qoo (as properly as Qoo is capable of, anyway). This tends to result in spaceships capable of destroying planets canceling each other's power out and pulling each other's cheek.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Qoo gets drunk really easily. Apparently, her aphrodisiac also works like alcohol, meaning when she swallows a little when giving it to Ell it affects her quite quickly.
- Captain Obvious/Captain Obvious Aesop - Launching nukes at us is bad! We don't like that!
- Childhood Friend Romance - Ran and Yukino, though it's only Yukino who really plays it up. She comes to Junichiro's house to wake him up in the morning, voluntarily does his household chores, cooks for him (albeit badly), and is otherwise totally devoted to him. Even though she's the president of Japan. Though on Junichiro's side of things, at the beginning of the game it's revealed that he actually confessed to Ran once and got turned down.
- Charm Person - The brainwashing effect of Qoo's device makes Yukino much more persuasive than she would be otherwise. When she sings, it gets upgraded to full-on Compelling Voice.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Kuon is only referenced once in the fandisc. She doesn't appear onscreen once.
- Clingy Jealous Girl - The only thing that can make Yukino really angry is somebody taking Junichiro away from her. At one point she bans exports of Junichiro to prevent Putina from taking him to Russia. To her credit she doesn't interrupt any truly intimate moments between Junichiro and Putina even when she's right there, and still maintains a friendship with her love rival.
- On the other hand, she does everything in her power to try to keep Ran off of him starting from the very first scene of Ran's route.
- In Irina's epilogue, Jun's parents are annoyed that he didn't start going out with Irina and give Yukino permission to move in and says Jun has to decide a second time who he wants to go out with. She proceeds to get in the way at every opportunity. In particular, she won’t go home, so there goes Irina and Jun’s sex life.
- Coitus Uninterruptus: Irritated at Yukino for always ruining the mood, Irina and Jun begin going at it in the only room in the house with a lock, the bathroom. When Yukino gets home, they ignore the fact that she’s right outside the door telling them to knock it off. Happens again on the school roof, though this time they're lucky it was Yukino rather than anyone else.
- Comically Missing the Point - When speaking with Miyoshi Ran's father, he mentions that their hypothetical children could become the pawn of warring factions. Their immediate reaction is to be thrilled to hear they can have children at all.
- Cool Big Sis - Ran.
- Covert Pervert: Irina is a masochist and Yukino plays more eroge than Jun. Also, she’s freakishly good at kissing because she made sure to practice tying cherry stems with her tongue.
- Crash-Into Hello - Well, sort of. Junichiro crash lands on a member of a terrorist group Putina was beating up after involuntarily testing a jet pack for Qoo, meeting Putina for the first time.
- Curtains Match the Window - Ran.
- Cute Clumsy Girl - One of Yukino's charms.
- Dead Person Impersonation - The Ran that Jun knew as a child died shortly after moving away, and the Ran that came back nine years before the story began was an alien that revived her body and merged with it, and then fell in love with him just like the real Ran did. It's gotten to the point that they've essentially fused with Ran unable to tell whose memories belong to whom anymore.
- Death Is Dramatic - Invoked - even when people aren't actually dying, the cast pretends they got killed anyway so that they may draw inspiration from their comrades' Heroic Sacrifice.
- Defeat by Modesty - Terminachan in the third conflict during Ran's route... Well, that's the nice way of putting it anyway.
- Defector from Decadence - Saionji.
- Demoted to Extra: Ran appears only four times in total in the fandisc, twice in each route. None of the scenes are particularly important.
- Detached Sleeves - Ell.
- Deus Exit Machina - Ell, the most powerful character, is always canceled out by Remi and thus unable to aid anyone.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil - The very first choice you can make is a hilariously self aware Affectionate Parody of this trope.
- Dirty Old Man - Souma. His main reason for doing the things he does is his desire for female... attention. In Yukino's route, he even tries to take over the whole world so he can gather the world's most beautiful women in his harem and make out with them every day.
- Does This Remind You of Anything? - Junichiro's so-called "Raper Blade", a pale light extending from his crotch turning into a humongous blade which he uses to assault Terminachan.
Terminachan: (*flustered*) I-Impossible... It's so big...
Junichiro: Don't worry. It only hurts in the beginning! You'll start to feel good immediately!!
- Dogged Nice Guy: Yukino moves into Jun's house to try to make him dump Irina and pick her. Well, that's probably the more unpleasant side of the trope. At least she doesn't do any sabotage more direct than interrupting their intimacy.
- Embarrassing Nickname - "Don't call me Puchin!"
- Evil Is Petty - Souma.
- Evolving Credits - The title screen changes after completing a route. The default setting is daytime, followed by afternoon, night and morning.
- Expy - Kuon bears an uncanny resemblance to Mio in a maid uniform, which might be hinted at based on the fact that in Japanese "ku" is sometimes pronounced as the consonant "k".
- Irina Vladimirovna Putina is a famous, beautiful, strong-willed tsundere who can generate electricity and kick ass on her own, even has a lesbian associate who has a not-so-covert crush on her. Hence, she is an older version of Misaka Mikoto.
- Yukino resembles Kaede a lot. She learns to cook from a senpai who is also in love with the protagonist, has the same hair colour (but not the same eye colour), is the Childhood Friend of the protagonist, wakes the protagonist up in the morning before the game actually starts, etc. If her hair were a bit shorter and didn't have an ahoge and she had blue eyes, she could even pass off for Kaede!
- Extreme Doormat - Played for Laughs. Yukino is not above pretending to be Junichiro's dog, even when they're at school.
- The Faceless - Yukino Fan A, whose face is always concealed by a mask labelled "A".
- Feminine Women Can Cook - Yukino's pretty set on cooking for Junichiro so she can compete with Ran and Putina, even if she does ruefully acknowledge her status as a Lethal Chef.
- Flashback: Averted in the fandisc: Qoo skips the flashback to save on the budget. "Go read the original story, peasant".
- Forceful Kiss: Yukino kisses Jun in front of Irina to prove that she's serious about winning him away from her. She's really good at it.
- Freudian Slip: "YESSU WE CUM!"
- Genre Savvy: Irina’s transfer into Jun’s class is seen coming a mile away because it always happens in eroge. Her instant attachment to Jun actually pleases the class at first since while it's annoying that he's getting more fans, it means Yukino is now free... except then she says she hasn't given up, so everyone beats Jun up.
- Gonzo Journalism: Yukino refuses to express support for national policies she disagrees with and the news people are so incompetent that they begin yelling at her for it. People nearby are impressed with her, though, and she indicates near the end that she intends to start a political career, oblivious to the fact that she was president once already.
- G-Rated Sex - The entire hug scene with Putina and Ell.
- Gamer Chick - Qoo Little-Little.
- Gag Boobs - Putina and Ran.
- Genderflip - Most of the cast.
- Genre Savvy - A good chunk of the cast actively watches anime, plays video games and eroge, and/or reads manga and doujinshi, so it's kind of to be expected.
- Giving Someone the Pointer Finger - Putina... all the time.
- Graceful Loser - Irina, when Junichiro tells her in Yukino's route that he won't be going with her to Russia because he's in love with Yukino. She's disappointed, of course, but she also pushes him to confess to Yukino as quickly as possible and she thanks him for being her first love, whilst expressing the wish to remain friends.
- Gratuitous English - "YESSU WE CAN" and "YOU WA SHOCK" amongst others.
- The leader of the Hot Springs Task Force begins every line with a sentence or phrase of Gratuitous English (e.g. YES, YOUR HIGHNESS!!!). The spaceships are also fond of this.
- Souma likes to yell "JEEEEEESUUUUS" for no particular reason.
- Gratuitous Russian - Putina, some of the time in dialogue.
- Used by Jun. Mostly in apologies to Kuon.
- Hair Decorations - All the four heroines and Qoo.
- Heel-Face Turn - Saionji, Ran and Kuon, though you don't always learn that Ran is on the other side anyway.
- Heroic BSOD - Yukino undergoes a brief one when she finds out about the mass brainwashing.
- Heroic Resolve - In the finale of Yukino's route, Junichiro's Super Mode proves to be no match against Souma's powers. He's about to pass out, battered and broken, until he hears Yukino's voice and the song all their allies are singing for them outside. This gives him the power to defeat Souma for good.
Junichiro: Heh. I can obtain as much power as I want. As long as Yukino is with me!!
- Historical Hero Upgrade: American bases are in Japan. Why? Totally not because of anything like Japanese war crimes in World War II, no sirree, it’s because of events in ‘Gorea.’ That said, it’s still pointed out that the base is there for Japan’s own protection, so they don't actually vilify America at all in the process.
- Human Alien - It's noted briefly that not all aliens look like humans. Rather, Qoo was specifically chosen because she looks human.
- Idiot Ball - Jun entered at least one situation where he could've been able to safely release his alien power but opted for a more dangerous alternative.
- Idiot Hair
- As seen on the page image above, Yukino has a rather large one AND a smaller one right next to it. It pulls double duty as Expressive Hair as well.
- Remi can use an Idiot Hair as an actual antenna.
- Immortal Immaturity - All over the place. Ell, Remi, Souma and possibly Ran and Kuon when fridge logic sets in about the length of the assignments undertaken. The closest thing to an aversion is probably Qoo, who talks like a dirty old woman and acts like a lazy bum. You could argue that she really is acting her age and is simply a hedonist.
- Improbable Age - Justified for Yukino, but not for Irina. Irina herself even lampshades this at one point.
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me! - Putina's reaction to Ell.
- The Ingenue - Ell. This is justified by her being an AI and hence she has virtually no knowledge of human nature.
- Insane Troll Logic - Souma's ideas of chastity involves this. Jun even calls him out on this.
- It's All My Fault - Ell tends to blame herself a lot.
- I Want Grandkids: Ell wants to have Jun's children, something Qoo picks up on and decides to 'support.' And by support she really means 'use as an excuse to sleep with Jun.'
- Jerkass - Souma, Remi.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold - Qoo is short-tempered, abrasive, and likes to jerk people around, but she's surprisingly considerate of others, even though she'd never admit it herself.
- Lampshade Hanging: After noticing he thinks a sick Ell looks kind of hot, he asks Qoo to punch him for being a creep. What kind of person is turned on when someone is sick or scared or whatever?
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall - With all the lampshade hanging it should be expected.
Jun: Just so you know, I'm not trying to trigger your flag or anything.
Qoo: Kukuku. You make me want to trigger it myself by saying that.
Jun: Give it up. I'm going through Ran-neechan's route right now. There's no room for you to butt in.
- Leitmotif - All the main heroines have one, though Ran and Ell's are probably the most noticeable. Here is Yukino's and Irina's for comparison.
- Lethal Chef - Yukino's food has to be censored by mosaic and is accompanied by X-Files music. Apparently the problem isn’t that she doesn’t know what she's doing, but that when she’s mostly done she does something absurd and ruins it all.
- Licking the Blade - At one point, Terminachan seductively licks the tip of the fruit knife she just used to cut Junichiro's cheek.
- Locked Out of the Loop - Yukino doesn't know she is not supposed to be the Nipponese president or busy with politics at all since she is brainwashed like almost the rest of humanity.
- Lolicon - Junichiro denies being one when asked on one occasion. This does explain why Qoo Little-Little is not romancable. She eventually gets her scene in the fandisc.
- Lonely Rich Kid - While being a world leader isn't exactly equivalent to being wealthy, being the president of Russia at such a young age hasn't given Putina a chance to make many friends or have much fun.
- Loveable Sex Maniac - Junichiro is first introduced fondling an assistant. That's just the tip of the iceberg.
- Love-Obstructing Parents: Jun's parents don't like that he picked Irina over Yukino. His mom wants to veto the relationship altogether while his dad compromises and says that he has to have Yukino leave with the two of them for a few months and then at the end pick between them.
- Love Triangle
- Though there are four heroines, the story largely focuses on the Putina/Yukino/Junichiro triangle and both girls recognize the other as their rival. Before the story started, there was also Yukino -> Junichiro -> Ran, but it goes largely unmentioned. In Irina's afterstory, she's already won, but his parents make him pick again.
- In Ell's afterstory, there's another one with Remi going tsundere for Jun. Qoo is also interested now. After a sex scene, though, the status quo appears to be maintained as is.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: Irritated with Yukino insisting on getting in the way, Irina and Jun hop into the bathroom and get going even though they know she’s only going to be gone for a few minutes. They don’t stop when she returns, either.
- Marry Them All
- When asked by Irina how he wants to resolve the triangle with Yukino after he's already dating her, he says it'll hurt but he'll pick her over Yukino without question. When pushed for what he actually wants, he hesitantly admits that he’d actually prefer for all three of them to stay together somehow. She thinks that’s the best idea as well, so they wait to see if Yukino will try it.
- Ell's afterstory looks like it's going the same route at first as well with Qoo and Remi both falling for Jun, but Ell is more jealous than Irina and after a sex scene with the two of them makes him promise not to do it again.
- Moe - In-Universe: Yukino has an 80% approval rating because she's so moe. The other girls are too, but Yukino actually harnesses her moe-ness to help her lead Japan.
- Mundane Made Awesome - Peeping on girls changing or in the hot springs involves epic confrontations with a Ninja Maid, units of special forces soldiers, rousing speeches, and death traps. Kind of justified given that Junichiro is peeping on world leaders who'd need special security 24/7.
- Also, any time anybody eats anything.
- Murder Is the Best Solution - The Hot Springs Task Force seems to think so. A student standing in their way while the president tries to pass through?
Nipponese Soldier A: BOY
, you seem to have quite the guts. But this is our job. Die now for the sake of our president!
- Naked Apron - Ran, much to Jun's utter delight. Then they realize Ell is in the room watching.
- New Transfer Student: Upon returning to school in Irina's afterstory, both Yukino and Jun just know that Irina is going to transfer into their class. She does.
- Ninja Maid - Kuon doesn't utilize martial arts, but she is more often shown performing acts of violence than she is shown doing anything, y'know, maids usually do.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed - As applied to countries. Rusia, Ameriga, Nippon and Chaiwan. There's also the obvious genderflipped tsundere Vladimir Putin stuff.
- No Indoor Voice - The Hot Springs Task Force tend to yell most of their lines, combined with lots of Gratuitous English.
- Not Brainwashed - A more lighthearted example since this story doesn't do dark. Turns out that Ran and Kuon faked being brainwashed so as to continue spying.
- The Not-Love Interest - Qoo Little-Little. She kick-starts the plot, she immediately starts teasing Junichiro the moment she abducts him and she shows up through the entire game. Despite that, she hasn't got her own route. Which is probably why she does have a sex scene in the fandisc.
- Oblivious to Love - Averted. Junichiro acknowledges pretty early on that he knows how Yukino feels but simply doesn't feel like a relationship upgrade. On the other hand, the girls seem to think he doesn't know.
- Obviously Evil - Odds are pretty strongly against a guy named Josef Souma Mengele being a good guy. Junichiro and his classmates even agree that he looks like a demon king.
- Occidental Otaku - Russia's "western-ness" might be debatable, but Putina clearly has shades of this.
- Only Sane Man - Junichiro is literally the only sane man in that he's the only man on Earth to remember what things were like before the aliens brainwashed everybody. Putina on the other hand is the only sane woman by this standard.
- Otaku Surrogate - Even though Junichiro and especially Morita usually would be enough otaku for one game, Yukino watches anime, and reads manga and doujinshi (including the hentai sort, amusingly). She ends up as one of these in-universe too when she becomes a hero to otakus for opposing a bill to ban doujinshi.
- Our Presidents Are Different - In this case Our Presidents Are Moe Moe Highschool Girls. Putina's a President Action while Yukino's a President Personable.
- Overprotective Dad - Saionji.
- Paper Fan of Doom - Putina likes to use this.
- Paper-Thin Disguise - Terminachan, Feather Moon, Morider.
- Parental Marriage Veto: Jun's mom insists that he dates Yukino instead after he hooks up with Irina even though the two consider themselves all but married at this point. His dad manages to make it into a compromise where Jun will just have to pick between them again in a few months.
- Perky Female Minion - Remi.
- Plot Armor - In Putina's route, Junichiro briefly wonders if his status as the protagonist will save him if he goes out to deal with Remi on his own. Moments later he also resists tempting fate by refusing to note no one has been melted yet.
- Polyamory: Irina forces Jun to admit that he’d prefer to have both her and Yukino and Irina agrees since she loves Yukino too. And not just as a friend. The three of them are irked that polygamy is currently illegal, which acts as the final straw for Yukino to enter a political career. Change the law if you don't like it!
- Porn Stash: Jun's is discovered, but he manages to turn it around by convincing the girls that they’re Covert Perverts and no better. The porn is just confiscated instead.
- Power Glows - "What's wrong Jun-kun!? You're emanating a pointless golden aura!"
- Proper Tights with a Skirt - Putina and Ran. The latter is a subversion.
- Psycho Lesbian - Kuon shows shades of this, combined with Murder the Hypotenuse. She's none too happy with Irina's infatuation with Junichiro and she tries to murder him during the hot springs incident because, as she exclaims with a Nosebleed, only she is allowed to see milady naked!
- Put on a Bus - Irina and Kuon return to Russia halfway Yukino and Ran's route...
- Rapunzel Hair: Irina
- Red Oni, Blue Oni - Well, Pink Oni and Teal Oni, with Remi and Ell respectively.
- Red Shirt Army - The Hot Springs Task Force.
- Rescue Romance - How Putina falls for Junichiro right after their first meeting.
- Rule of Funny - The game runs on this in the way Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Warhammer 40,000 run on Rule of Cool.
- Sacred First Kiss: Even Jun is surprised that Yukino and Irina seem to consider virginity and a first kiss about on par.
- Say My Name - Junichiro after Morita's Big Damn Heroes moment (see above).
- Shipper on Deck: Junichiro’s mother firmly supports him and Yukino together to the point of nearly making him break up with Irina.
- Shock and Awe - Putina's body can release a huge amount of static electricity. In the epilogue of her route, she becomes an full-blown Expy of Misaka Mikoto.
- Shout-Out - All over the place. To Heart 2, Iron Man, James Bond, Metal Gear Solid, Detective Conan, Code Geass, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Shenmue, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Superman, Sister Princess, Zone of the Enders, Mega Man, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fate/Stay Night... look, there are a plenty of them okay?
- Fist of the North Star:
- Qoo - "It's the new "You Wa Shock!" stun gun!"
- Junichiro - "That's quite the end-of-the-century weapon you've got there!"
- Many attack names are also mentioned.
- G Gundam:
- "Gluttony fight... Reeeeeaaaadyyyy.... GO!"
- "Remi's right arms shines and cries out to defeat me."
- Junichiro - "This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's bright grip tells me to make you squirt!"
- "You've activated my trap card!
- Gurren Lagann:
- "Believe in us, who believes in you!"
- Yukino - "Final transformation, approved!"
- Ell/Jun - "Roger! Final transformation, OVERDRIVE!"
- Complete with the comic picture having two seperate "GGG"s.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion:
- Qoo - "Singing is great. Singing enriches the soul. It's the crowning achievement of the culture that the Lilim created. Don't you think so, Junichiro?"
- Yukino's lethal cooking caused the second impact, according to Jun's near death experience.
- Code Geass:
- Morita - "However, don't forget. The power of kings will surely lead you to solitude."
- Hot Springs Task Force - "YES, YOUR HIGHNESS!!"
- Jun - "All of you, look into my eyes." Even more hilarious as he's confronting armed soldiers when he says it.
- Yukino denies being from Planet Vegeta and having an M-shaped hairline. Ell mentions growing Saibamen that can kill Yamcha instantly.
- The Ghostbusters are mentioned in Ran's route.
- Terminachan says "I'll be back" multiple times. In English.
- Morider [after throwing a bottle on Jun]: This is a first-aid spray. It's that infamous item that restores all your life in that zombie game.
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The White Devil is mentioned a couple of times. A character (Ran if I remember) suggests painting something red and giving it a horn, referring to Char Aznable's custom mobile suits. Remi calls herself the Red Comet, and her aura makes her eat 3 times faster. Also helps that she's pinkish, like Char's Zaku II Commander Colors. During the battle when Souma takes control of the virgins, Morita crashes into Remi, saying Sleggar's last words, and The Sigway is basically the Ball, even down to the nickname "Mobile Coffin", and Morita picks the one with the horn and red paint, referencing Char again
- Macross Frontier: "Embrace Me! To the Ends of Nippon!" Complete with "Kirah!" and "Deculture!" In Ell's route, during Remi's attack on Earth, Saionji orders the Hot Spring Task force to do the "Planet Dance", and Morita can be seen in one of the screens wearing Mikhail's helmet.
Qoo Ell, use thunderbolt!
Junichiro: As I moved my fingers softly without a word, Remi let out a cute voice and trembled. It's super effective!
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Souma naming his telekinesis attack "Hierophant Moss Green".
Junichirou: "What sort of stand user are you!?"
- Dragon Ball Z: Jun powering up hard during the first(?) fight.
Irina: "What's going on, Jun!? You're pointlessly emanating a golden aura!"
- Probably unintentional, but Yukino manages to brainwash an enemy just about to fire a nuclear missile via telephone. Oh my God, she's the daughter of Yuri!
- Haruhi Suzumiya: Yukino comes back to the classroom after school and interrupts Irina and Jun.
Yukino: I f-f-f-f-forgot my bag~
- In a scene from Ell's route in the fandisc, Remi announces herself as a member of Judgment.
- Shrinking Violet - Ell initially tends to hide behind someone else's back quite a lot, but grows out of it as the story progresses.
- Sibling Yin-Yang - The calm, soft-spoken Ell and the fiery, talkative Remi.
- Spaceship Girl - Ell and Remi.
- Isaia, Ell little twin sister in the fandisc, and her and Remi's 46 sisters are mentioned.
- Stalker with a Crush - Remi towards Yukino in the latter's and Ell's route.
- Starfish Alien - Aliens like Saionji. They don't actually have corporeal bodies as such, though they still somehow manage to reproduce and tend to hitchhike off of local organisms when working. That said, they think in exactly the same manner as a human.
- The Starscream - Remi in Ell's route.
- Status Quo Is God - Played for laughs in Yukino's route. Junichiro and Yukino were about to give each other the kiss that would spark the memory rewrite and return everything to normal. Something pretty much the whole game built up to. But they screw it up and everything ends up staying pretty much the same, except that everyone who died in the crash is alive again and everyone knows about the aliens. But Yukino is still president, the Snow House is still there and Remi and Irina announce that they still plan to make Yukino and Junichiro theirs.
- The Stinger - Yukino's route. The game ends with a touching scene between Yukino and Junichiro. After the credits, Remi and Irina suddenly butt in, still not having given up on conquering Yukino and Junichiro's hearts, respectively.
Yukino: Nooo!! Let us end with a happy ending at least!!!!
- Student Council President - Yukino. She's also the President of Nippon.
- Stylistic Suck: At the beginning of Irina's afterstory the story sets up a very cliche love triangle between her and Yukino.
Qoo: Go ahead and laugh if you think you’ve heard that sort of story before. Anyway, I’m out of here. Enjoy the rest.
- Supreme Chef
- Ran. Justified since she actually works at a restaurant.
- Irina learns from her and eventually becomes very good herself, though not up to Ran's level yet.
- Take Over the World: Irina decides she's going to unify the world under her rule and make a place in galactic civilization. At the end of her afterstory a newly politically interested Yukino decides she'll help her.
- Talk to the Fist - "Wait, Jun-kun. You shouldn't resort to violence!" "Sorry, his speech was too long, so I slugged him."
- The Tease - Ran, oh so much. It's pretty clear that she wishes he would make a move. She's probably stop teasing and make a move herself if it wasn't for the fact that she's not supposed to have a relationship with an earthling as a member of the Guardians.
- Jun as well. Sometimes when Ran teases him he'll tease right back. However, she's good at keeping a straight face. There is at least one occasion though where she starts blushing furiously when Jun can no longer see her face.
- Third-Person Person - Remi
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Yukino actually invades Jun's home and won't let him and Irina be alone at all for the beginning of Irin's afterstory, but in the end it's just because she doesn't remember Irina. When they become friends again she mellows out and tries to step aside.
- Too Kinky to Torture - Kuon enjoys being hit with Putina's fan entirely too much.
- Trademark Favorite Food - Ell loves everything with yakisoba, and Remi likes fried rice.
- Translation Convention - Putina and Kuon, both native speakers of Russian, seem to like speaking Japanese even if they are alone together.
- Tranquil Fury - Ell. Remi learns about this in the hard way:
Remi: W-W-Wait a minute! Did you just shoot Remi's head? Did you just fire a laser from your finger?
Ell: I did, so?
- Putina. Though she doesn't know what the word means when it's lampshaded. Oddly enough she DOES know what it is in Yukino's route.
- Jun claims to be one in Ran's route, saying that when he goes dere everyone will just drop dead from the moe.
- Remi in Ell's afterstory is pretty tsuntsun for Jun, who only interprets her behavior about halfway correctly.
- Tsurime Eyes - Putina
- Twin Threesome Fantasy: Following a scene with Qoo is a threesome with Ell and Remi in the fandisc.
- Tyke Bomb - Putina was restructured and trained by Guardian to serve their own purpose.
- Unfazed Everyman/Token Human - Yukino is the only one among the main cast who is not related to aliens in some way. Even Ran and Morita turn out to be aliens. Whether her ability to naturally accept everything going on is due to brainwashing or not is ambiguous.
- Unusual Euphemism - Back and forth between Ran and Jun.
- Verbal Tic - Remi's "Mokyuu~", Souma's "Jesus".
- Virgin Power/You Need to Get Laid - Souma taps into the resentment of bitter singlesnote to try to topple the government by promising a governmental match-making service, and he tries to get Christmas abolished as a romantic holiday. Remi wonders just why he uses this angle...
- Wave Motion Gun - Vector Cannon, a Shout-Out to Zone of the Enders.
- We Can Rule Together - Souma proposes this towards Junichiro in Yuniko's route. That is, if Junichiro licks his boots first.
- Well Done Daughter Girl - Remi.
- Wife Husbandry - Souma claims to have done this to Putina.
- Husband Husbandry version played for laugh by Ran: she whispers orders into Jun's ear when he sleeps.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love? - Ell's reaction once she starts falling for Junichiro.
- Why Did It Have To Be - Putina has a crippling fear of darkness, and Ell suffers from acrophobia.
- Widget Series - Genderflipped President Obama and Vladimir Putin. You can date either one of them. You can also date a starship or an entity without a true physical body of her own.
- Wingding Eyes - Yukino and Irina (but mostly Yukino) have their eyes replaced by twirls when they're heavily confused or shocked. Yukino also literally goes starry-eyed a few times in Ran's route.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl - Jun. Instead, he gropes Kuon into submission! ...That sounded worse than intended. Let's try that again: He groped her into fleeing the battlefield and also gaining something of a crush on him.
- In one instance he does the same thing to Remi. It works right up until he triggers her berserk button.
- He does it to Irina too. Instead of fighting her, he gropes her breasts, leaving her too aroused to do anything back. To make absolutely sure she doesn't recover, he then tells Kuon that her lady needs to be "taken care" of. Kuon more than happily obliges.
- You, Get Me Coffee - After giving many important orders to her other staff members:
Yukino: Jun-kun, pat my head.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Ell's hair is green, Remi's is pink, Yukino's is a weird yellow, Ran's is blue and Irina's is white.
- Zettai Ryouiki - Yukino is Grade A, and Ell is Grade B.