Describe Zeni the Wonder, a.k.a Lyra
from Twilight Sucks and Zeni the Wonder on Deviant Art, here. She spends more time editing than posting, so you won't see her name much except on history pages. She is a gamer who loves a couple of series, but mainly plays for the plot (weird, huh?). She doesn't watch much television and is usually behind when it comes to movies. However, she reads quite a bit, especially the classics.
Tropes that apply to Zeni include:
- Brainy Brunette: Hopefully, anyway.
- Character Name Alias: Lyra, after the main girl from Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Especially at night.
- Complaining about Complaining: It's a bad habit of hers, she admits.
- Cool Horse: Her favorite animal.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Not sure about cute, but she is very clumsy.
- Cuteness Proximity: Show her something adorable and she'll Squee about it for hours. Just check out the art in her favorite game!
- Gamer Chick: Somewhat. Most of the games she plays are cutesy... on the outside.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She owns many.
- Fan Translation: The only way to play Mother 3 in English. Thanks, Tomato and the rest of the team!
- First Name Basis: She is usually referred to as Lyra (the first word in her TS name) or Zeni.
- Gushing About Shows You Like: And games and books, too.
- Heavy Sleeper: She's pratically asleep during the day!
- I Have Many Names: Zeni the Wonder, Zeni, Lyra, Lyra Kotone, Lyra Beru, Lyra Belle...
- I Play it for the Plot: She plays most games to enjoy their plot, even Pokemon, where she makes up her own side details. No, really.
- Little Miss Snarker: Ocassionally.
- Meganekko: She wants contacts!
- Older than They Look
- Only Known by Their Nickname: She never reveals her true name online, reserving it only for real life friends and family.
- Sarcasm Mode: She's never sarcastic. Not at all.
- Spoiler Hound: See below.
- Spoilered Rotten: She almost always spoils the plot of an upcoming game for herself, even if she regrets it later.
- Suddenly Voiced: She's usually pretty quiet, but when she talks, she talks.
Zeni's favorite things include:
- Adventure Time: She watches it ocassionally, because she adores the original short.
- All Creatures Great and Small: Mainly the books, which don't seem to have a page, unlike the television series.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: A great show, and one of the few she caught on its premiere day.
- Disney Animated Canon: Her childhood.
- Hamtaro: Not much anymore, though she still ocassionally loves it.
- Kirby: She is on and off with this series- she usually avoids platformer games, but loves these.
- Mel Brooks: Nearly everything by him, even his more mediocre material.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail: A very funny movie.
- Mother 3: BEST GAME EVER!
- Mr. Ed: There's a talking horse. What's not to love?
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Adorable and clever! The ponies are well-rounded and lovable.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: She still misses when this show would rerun on Sci-Fi.
- Neopets: Sometimes. It depends on her mood.
- Pokémon: The Pokémon Ranger spin off series deserves more love, she thinks.
- Pokémon Black and White: Yes, it's good enough to deserve its own slot here. Just... WOW.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The new episodes are hit and miss, but not as bad as everyone claims.
- Super Smash Bros.: Rumor has it that Lucas is her favorite to use.
- The Twilight Zone: An awesome old show. Not to be confused with this. People have short memories, don't they?
- Up: Probably her current favorite Pixar movie.
Tropes that Zeni despises:
- Animation Age Ghetto: Pixar would like to have a word with whoever invented this trope.
- Die for Our Ship: She loves shipping, but some take it too far. She is more bugged by people who demonize a character to boot them out of their ship than the actual killing off, though.
- Fan Dumb: It's embarrassing when her favorite franchises are given a bad name by idiots.
- First Installment Wins: Give new games and episodes a chance- don't be close-minded.
- Hate Dumb: Idiots who bash stuff to look cool are just as bad as the fan equivalent.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks: If anything, people should be happy that there are more people to share their interests with!
- Its the Same Now It Sucks: Zeni thought you said that you didn't want them to change Pokémon too much.
- Jerk Sue: The worst kind of Mary Sue. They aren't even somewhat tolerable.
- No Export for You: Where's Mother 3, Nintendo?
- Nostalgia Filter: Not everything from the Nineties is gold. Not everything new is bad.
- Relationship Sue: If someone is going to make an Author Avatar to pair with an existing character, don't make them obnoxiously perfect, and don't warp the personality of the character they're being paired with. If a character hates an evil team or type of person, they aren't going to change for your perfection. And don't ever make a character for the sole purpose of stealing the love of another character you loathe!
- Ruined FOREVER: Who cares that they changed the color of the grass? If you hate it now, don't play it.
- "Stop Having Fun" Guys: It's okay if someone wants to play Super Smash Bros. tourney style, but let Zeni use her low tier character in a banned stage with items on in peace!
- They Changed it Now it Sucks: But Zeni thought you said that Pokémon was getting stale.
- Unpleasable Fanbase: All of the above, of course.